Chapter 22

I walked into biology and the teacher, mrs. Wilson, said we could choose our lab partners and sit next to them. I beat Julia there, so I just choose a seat and saved one for her.

As the bell rang, Julia walked into the room and slide into the seat next to me. We were about to start talking, but mrs. Wilson interrupted us. She took attendance, made a record of where we all were sitting, and Told us what we would need for the class. She handed out these huge worn down textbooks and had us flip through them to 'familiarize' ourselves with them. Aka, we flipped through and looked at all the pictures. Total snooze alert.

When the bell rang, we raced to the cafeteria. We head to the lunch line and Noah joined us. Today's menu: spaghetti and meatballs.

We find a table and sit down to eat our lunches. They weren't terrible, but they could have been totally better. "So how'd you ladies enjoy biology?"

"Ugh, it was a total snooze, right Zoey?"

"Yea. It was terrible," I say.

"Has anything good happened?" Noah asked.

I shake my head no, but Julia speaks up. "Well, in study hall, I sit next to this really cute guy and he asked for my number. I was texting him during biology and he asked me out to a movie this weekend!"

"You go girl!" I say as I high five her. "I'm happy for you."

Noah looked completely uninterested. All he cared was if I was going to eat my applesauce. I rolled my eyes and gave it to him.

"So how are things between you and Ethan?" Julia nudges my in the side.

"Well, he's taking me to dinner tonight at red lobster, then we're going to the drive-in."

"Ooo! how romantic!" Julia says.

Noah had started to pay attention to us. and talked between bites of food. "Why would you want to date him? half the school is. He's such a douche."

"Somebody's jealous," Julia mumbled and I laughed. Noah shot us a look.

"Fine. Don't believe me. Do whatever you want. I'm just warning you," Noah said. He got up to throw his lunch away. He then disappeared to the bathroom.

"What's his problem?" I say.

"He's just a guy being a guy," Julia says. "He's never had a girlfriend so he's probably just jealous that Ethan gets pretty much whatever girl he wants."

"Oh. Ok," I say.

A few minutes later, the bell rang and we headed to history. "Hopefully, he'll be his old self again my gym.