Chapter 6

"R?" I questioned, pushing his right shoulder.

He grunted in response, turned a little, then did nothing. He lay in his bed asleep. He told me Wed be getting up at six to start my first day of the Academy. It's 5:55am.

"R?" A mumbled question left his lips. His eyes stayed closed.

I moved his legs away from the edge of the bed and sat myself there, criss cross. "Yup. Everyone calls you Red and 'King', so imma call you R."

He nodded and let a stiffened yawn pass his lips. He still looked tired when he stretched his arms above his head. His blanket covered his torso and body, leaving his shirtless view covered.

"Y'know, if you wouldve went to bed when I did instead of partying you wouldn't be tired." That's true, he didn't come back in the dorm until 4am, high off weed.

His eyebrows knitted close together, eyeing me. "Youre still tired though."

I glared and swatted his legs. "I'm always tired! But that's besides the point, you're pretty stupid for partying only to wake up at six am."

A smirk pulled at his lips. It wasn't a cocky smirk, but a playful one. One that seemed foreign for both him and I. He moved quick, pulling my arm forward taking my whole body with it. I smashed into his side- not enough to hurt either of us -and he slid an arm around my waist keeping me there.

"There, now we both can sleep." He turned his body facing mine before burring his head in my hair. It surprised me that the big bad, cold King can be playful. But i liked it.

"We have school, you idiot!" I tried moving from his grip but that was a fatal attempt.

"Shh, just an hour and we can go."

After a few minutes of contemplating I gave up and moved myself closer to his warm body, laying on his chest breathing in his intoxicating smell. That seemed to satisfy him more, cause he held me impossibly closer.

God, I'm an idiot.

"Okay, class. This is our new student Nev," I stared blankly at the class. More idiotic whispers, glares, smirks, once overs, etc. Filled my line of sight.

I ignored the Mr. Crumb and took my seat in the back, R followed and sat beside me in the last empty chair. The classrooms and halls are far from different. The classrooms had grey tile floors, darker grey walls, and red chairs with black desks. The only light that shinned through was for the six feet tall windows that took up most the wall, it's curtains drawn.

"Alright class, history is a very important thing to learn when you ne-" I ignored him after.

I hate history.

"You said that'd be fun." I frowned, tossing my backpack over my shoulder. Only for R to take put his hand, waitingly.

"What?" I questioned, the students around us paused and watched.

"Your bag."

I frowned again, "I can carry it myself. Yknow."

He nodded. "Yes, I know."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek, taking it off my shoulder and handing it to him. He slung it over his shoulder and lead us to my next class, his hand on my lower back guiding me. It was strange, it was almost like it was a protecting thing.

Get over yourself, Nev.

Maths was, well, maths. R sat beside me, Infront of me, or behind me every class- that we just so happened to share. It was sketchy. Nothing fun or supernaturally-interesting had happened, just normal classes. I had glares, curious looks, winks, smirks, once-overs, and others even ran when I entered a class- even the halls. Literally ran! Hightailed it as if I had a shot gun pointed at their head.

I've lots of questions for R.

I followed R, his hand stayed either on the small of my back or around my waist. He liked alternating it seemed. Or maybe he couldn't decide which one he liked better? He lead me down the corridors- as the teachers called the halls. I was confused when he lead me towards the East wing, passing each classroom one by one until the very end. A steel looking door, a slid door met us.

We spoke no words as he slip the door open, letting me go to shut it before pulling me to him again. I had thought it was so I didn't get lost, but we were alone on a one way stairway and he kept his hand attached to my waist.

"Why are you holding me?"

Startled by either the sudden noise that bounced back due to the concrete walls or startled by what I had said he drew his arm away from me, hovering a few inches for a moment. "I, erm, I didn't know I was doing that. Sorry."

I frowned, nudged him with my hip causing me to move back into his arm. "It's fine. I really don't mind."

He only nodded, lead me down the stone steps some more.

"Are you going to kill me?" I wasn't scared, I'm sure he knew that too.

A soft grin pulled at his lips - but his stone wall hes managed to build around himself pulled the soon-to-be grin back to an emotionless face.

It frustrated me slightly, seeing this wall hes build, this emotionless man- King -had thought it best to shove everyone away. (We had that in common for sure). Apart of me wanted to see if hed let me through. Sure, Wed only just met three days ago, that I didnt understand at all. The part of me that tugged to dig and slip through the cracks of his wall and enter peacefully with ease - I had just met the guy! But the mysterious God, demon, vampire, angel, had captured my interest and curiosity. A small smile pulled at my lips as we marched down the steps. His head had snapped in ny direction, eyeing my smile- no, smirk.

Challenge excepted.