Chapter 29

"What the-" Damien got cut off when he gets thrown to the ground landing on his ass.

"Come on." R mumbles, grabbing my arm tightly, not enough to hurt me though.

The music had stopped and all eyes are on us, that's when I realized R is one of the popular kids at his school.

I don't bother protesting, knowing if I do he'd just get angrier.

Somewhere deep down I knew it was a bad idea to dance with Damien, but then again I didn't really care.

He leads me to my car and I shove my keys in his hands when he puts a hand out waiting for them and I get in the passenger seat, crossing my arms over my chest and pouting.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" He asks, shoving the key into the keyhole and starting the engine.

"Clothes?"

"All of that-" he motions his hand towards my whole body "- is mine. And I don't need any other fuckin' person looking at you."

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Oh, so I can't wear this, but you can wear no shirt?"

It's true, he didn't have a shirt on, now, he has a jacket on that's halfway zipped up.

"I can't dance with someone but you can have girls literally on you?"

Also true, Jeffy was literally leaning half her body on him, and he didn't do anything.

"Is Nevvy jealous?" He asks, now, he's amused. He thinks pulling me out of a party- that I'm supposed to be enjoying might I add- is funny?

I glare at him. "I tried to make that painfully obvious."

He smiles and ponders on what I just said. "Does that mean you like me?"

"Obviously!" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air as if that would make my point stand out more.

Realising what the hell I just said I cover my face with my hands and sigh, although that is muffled.

"What?" He asks, instead of amused, or cocky about what I had said, he's soft and genuinely worried.

"I can't." I sigh, but quickly add and face him.

"I can't like you. I can't. It's not supposed to happen. I just- I-" I take a deep breath and close my eyes, stumbling over my words makes the matter worse in my opinion and I hate stuttering, which I do constantly even when I'm having a normal conversation.

"Every time we kiss, I feel butterflies. Every time I cuddle with you or lay next to you- even if we're in the same house! I feel safe. I love your voice, I can listen to you just talk all day. I calm down just by the thought of you, I had a panic attack once- they're a usual thing for me- but that one was bad, I thought of you and I calmed down enough to regain my breathing. The thought of you with another girl makes my blood boil, it makes me want to rip off her head. The fact that you were fuck buddies with Jeffy and Sarah and you still talk to them makes me mad, and I know I shouldn't be mad. I smile just by the thought of you. I love it when you call me yours. I can't help it. I can't. I've tried to push all this shit away, I have, it just- it doesn't work." 

I run my fingers through my hair and look at him helplessly, after spilling everything that's been running through my head for weeks now.

And before I can say anything, before I can do anything, forgetting we're still in my car and it's still running and on, forgetting there are nosy girls watching through the windows, and forgetting he had just pulled us out of a party we're supposed to have fun at; he kisses me.

Grabbing the back of my neck to pull me closer, tangling his fingers into my hair, and pulling half my body over the gear shifter, jabbing into my stomach, but I ignore it, losing myself in the kiss and kissing him just as hard, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer to me, loving, savoring it.