Chapter 21

I tip toed down the library shelves, watching Mrs. Collin steadily. Her eyes glanced up and i quickly pretended to be looking for a book. It wasn't fake... Not really anyways.

I needed her keys to get into her office and further. And of course; she kept them on her at all times. I wondered if she was supernatural aswell.

The Gods still haven't decided when id fight- leaving me impatient and full of anxiety of the unexpected when.

I had spent three days in the library after school reading tons of books on our kind and things like that. Two days prior to my research R hadn't left my side since the blood sucking event. Dianna told me hed made an announcement to each vampire class (who all shared one after school hours to help teach them and control them) that if any of them got near me hed personally rip their throats out. And honestly, I believed him.

Apparently that's why I wasn't here in the beginning of the year; I had to wait for the freshman to learn to control their thirst before I could even step foot on grounds.

"Hi," a voice whispered from behind.

"Argh!" I whisper screamed, dropping the book I was pretending to read.

The white/silver haired boy picked it up. I gaped when he stood back straight and stared at me.

His eyes were a silver color, as if someone had melted silver and shot it in his eye. Hiding whatever color was there before. Fee students here had strange colored eyes. Most have learned to control to change our eyes back to the normal color we have and then our supernatural color at will. Others had trouble switching bavk and forth.

"Woah. I like your eyes," I commented, taking Astrology the book I had dropped from him.

"Thanks," he grinned a perfect smile. "You look like you're looking for something. Mind if I lend a hand? I'm Brandon."

Oh.

OH.

I was told to stay clear from Brandon. I was told to stay away from Brandon. R did not like him. He might even dislike him more than he did Z.

"I can tell by your look," he sighed. "I take it Mr. I run this shit told you to stay away from me?"

I didn't reply, only stared wearily at him.

"You dont look like one to take orders from someone."

"I don't," I replied bluntly.

"Alright, let me help you then. Prove I'm not the bad guy." He managed to smirk and thats where I recognised him from.

Him and R had glaring competitions anytime they met eyes. They'd smirk. They'd glare. They'd leave. Brandon used to have brown and honey hair, that's why it was hard to recognize him.

"Hm," I was getting nowhere on my research of R and maybe someone who had a past (not all good) with him could help. Plus, hes been here longer. Id assumed their glaring matches they'd have some type of past. "Alright, I'm looking into R. I want to know how he got the throne, his powers, all of the things that aren't in the books with the rest of the hybrids and rulers."

Brandon didn't say anything for a moment. He pursed his lips. Then, he smirked.

"You dont trust him?" He leaned against the book shelf like he weighed nothing.

"I do. But curiosity gets the best of me."

He nodded.

"Do you know anything or not?" I was impatient already and jackass wasn't helping.

"Maybe,"

Ugh.

R was currently talking to Elder at some meeting. That gave me an hour window to snoop.

"Why don't you two like each other?" I questioned. I couldn't help myself.

"I steal his girls," he winked.

Brandon did have a charming effect. He was handsome and seemed nice. Maybe that's why R made it clear to stay away from him - more clear than any other guy hed told me to stay away from (aka every guy). Because Brandon was handsome.

I didn't buy his chance to flirt, I rolled my eyes.

"Are you going to help me or not?"

He nodded his head to the side. "At the last shelf against the wall. Pull a book titled Disappeared. You'll find what you're looking for." He began walking away but I grabbed his elbow.

"How do you know?"

"They can't burn every file in the world. Just like you cant put something on the internet and it be gone forever. Again, just proving I'm not the bad guy."

His words rung in my head as I made my eay to the back shelf. R told me to stay away from every guy. All of them. He had only repeated more firmly about Brandon.

I did as Brandon had instructed, I pulled the book titled Disappeared and like something out of a detective movie; the book shelf slid open.

I quickly looked around. School was over and nobody spent their Friday nights in a library. I walked through the hidden passage. The door closed behind me.

Blindly I felt around the walls - in seconds my hands fumbled over a light switch.

The room was dusty and dirty like nobody has been down here in ages. Lining the walls were shelf's of boxes, files, and a few books. In the middle of the room lay a small desk and chair.

I quickly snatched the first file my hands grabbed. Staring down at the title. Blackthorn family.

I bit my lip.

I had only heard Rs last name once before and it was the day my life changed forever.

Id spend tons of time digging around this whole library, searching every book, even the once with black marks covering the words just to find this. This room. What i had wanted to find. And now that I found it (with help), my fingers danced across the dusty corners of the file. Guilt had filled me.

R gave me the ok to look and search to find out my in answered questions. He had given me the ok because he thought I wouldn't find it, ever.

Maybe that's why he told me more firmly to stay away from Brandon, he knew Brandon knew where to find the things people didn't want found.

R didn't want these found.

He didnt want these looked at.

He didnt want these touched by anyone.

He made it a mission to erase whatever was hidden here.

And I, had my fingers ready to open up what he tried so hard to hide and forget. Ready to invade.

I dropped my hand. Feeling terrible, now.

I couldn't do this.

I won't let myself do this.

Not yet.

Not unless I have to.