Chapter 6: The Kendrick's

"Gonna where that dress you like, skin tight. Do my hair up real, real nice." - Selena Gomez

It started raining and we were still outside, surrounded by our neighbors.

I was still leaning countered to Paula's car with Luke. We hadn't said anything since he told me what he really felt about me. I was captivated the way I loved how he felt about me. I tremored against the dropping rain and Luke started caressing his hand up and down my arm. I tried to conceal the smile on my face as his warm and comforting touch pressed onto my skin.

The rain continued to douse over my white nightgown. Then, it really started pouring and the neighbors headed back to their homes after saying "sorry" so many times. My nightgown sticked onto my body, exposing the bare parts of it. I tried to integument it with Luke's jacket over me, feeling a bit self-concious.

"So, are we good?" Luke questioned while he continued to comfort me.

I stayed muted for a while. "I don't know."

I did know. I just didn't know whether this was going to be the right desicion. I knew what I wanted and it was something I was going to fight for to get it and I don't care what anybody else thinks.

But again, my head and heart were telling me two different things. My dad always told me, "let your heart lead you and stay true to it."

"I know I shouldn't force you into something you don't want but I really missed you. I want our friendship back," he spoke before I could answer.

Did you hear that? He wants me to give him a second chance. If I want to be happy, then going through pain will be worth it, right? I think my father would agree.

I responded by planting my head on top of his shoulder. I also missed our friendship, a lot.

"I take that as a yes," Luke chuckled, patting me softly on my arm.

I caught sight of Paula and a man beside her making their way toward us and felt Luke's arm and shoulders tensed beside me.

"Um, Sasha. Allow me to introduce my boyfriend," Paula introduced him to me hesitantly. "This is Robert Chambers. Rob, meet my daughter, Sasha."

Robert extended his hand and I nervously shook it. "Nice to meet you."

His hand felt rough and disgusting. I rubbed my palm over my nightgown, trying to be subtle so Paula wouldn't give me the eye.

"We'll be staying at Rob's house from now on," Paula told me, smiling nervously and hoping that I would be okay with it.

"I guess I better get home," Luke said awkwardly. "Will I see you at school tomorrow?"

"Yeah, sure," I answered.

"Great. Goodnight." He patted my shoulder and started to walk away.

"You too." I smiled.

He began to walk down the road and around the block.

"Hey, Luke!" I shouted, realizing he had forgotten something. "What about your jacket?"

"Keep it!" He ran down the street without saying another word, leaving me behind with Paula and Robert.

☆☆☆☆

I was forced to sleep on the coach even though the sun was starting to rise. I became aware that I would be going to school later with no books in hand. Even worse, no clothes unless I went to school in my nightgown.

No. Way. Embarrasing much? It's not pajama day.

I couldn't even get in contact with Luke to talk and I was too afraid to ask Robert if I could use his phone. He looked nasty with his goatee and hair all messed up, and he wasn't properly dressed either. Paula's phone burned along with the fire just like my phone from Luke did.

I traipsed down the hallway on the way to the room Paula and Robert were resting in and I faintly gaped the door.