Chapter 23: Deals and Apologies

"I know I hurt you." - HRVY

Sasha

"Please, I need to talk to her alone," Jesse pleaded.

"Talk to her. But I'm not leaving her alone with you," Luke hissed.

"The doctor said one at a time!"

"She has amnesia, she doesn't even remember you."

I could hear them argue outside the door and the more they talked, the more Jesse sounded familiar.

The door opened and both Luke and Jesse stepped in at the same time.

"You two sound like little kids," I told them.

My mother immediately appeared right behind them. "Guys, I'm sorry but if you're going to keep arguing I'm going to send both of you home."

She made her way around them and sat down in the chair beside me. Both Jesse and Luke shut their mouth but neither one of them moved.

It's been an entire week I've been in the hospital and neither Luke or Jesse had left the hospital. Gabrielle and her friends──apparently my new friends──went home each night and took turns everyday to come see me.

"Don't worry, I'm taking Jesse home right now," an old husky mans voice spoke.

He stepped into the room. "I'm Mr. Winters. You must be Mrs. Castillo."

He extended his hand to shake my mothers.

"Ms. Grey," she corrected him as she shook his hand.

An awkward tension was followed in the room as their hands held each other for five seconds longer. I could see it in my mothers eyes that she was suddenly interested in this man.

"Come on, Jesse. Let's go home," Mr. Winters gently pushed Jesse out the door.

"I'm not going home, Dad!" Jesse stepped back into the room.

"Oh, yes you are!" Mr. Winters grabbed ahold of Jesse's strong arms and dragged him out.

"I'm sorry, I'm going to need to ask you to be quiet please," the nurse shushed them and closed the door.

He turned to face Luke and Paula. "I'd like to speak with Ms. Grey privately, please."

Luke nodded his head and sauntered out of the room.

"So," the nurse began. "Sasha's somehow recovering, some injuries fast and some slow. She's gaining some memories more quickly than others.

"Her jaw is growing back into place fast and so are her legs, but her arm is going to take a while to heal and her memories... well, I want to test her a bit on that."

He turned to me. "So, you say you remember everything about Luke?"

"Yeah, I mean, most of them. Unless there's something I'm forgetting."

"And you know nothing of Jesse?"

"Actually, Jesse's starting to become more familiar now," I confessed.

I really was starting to sense some sort of relationship with him, but I couldn't exactly remember where I'd seen him.

"Alright, then tell me where you are," the nurse insisted.

"I'm in the freaking hosptial," I complained.

"In which state?"

"Bar Harbor?"

The nurse waited, which meant that was the wrong answer.

"I dont know... oh, Florida."

"Good. Anything else you can remember?"