Chapter 35: Shattered Glass

"To look the devil in the face and make it home safe." - Machine Gun Kelly

Luke

Waking up to the sound of glass shattering and the door slamming closed was not my typical way to get up in the morning, but today it was, on Sasha's birthday.

I looked at the alarm clock by the bedside to see that it was only four. I heard the door downstairs open and some more glass shattering.

Sasha was sound asleep, so I decided to leave her and see what was going on in the house.

As I was trotting downstairs, the door closed again.

Glass was shattered all over the foyer when I got to the front door.

"Holy shit," I gasped.

That's when I heard somebody else running downstairs.

"There you are," Jesse breathed a sigh of relief.

"You were looking for me?" I asked.

"Yeah, well, you and Sasha," he responded.

"Sasha should be in her bedroom, sleeping."

"What? But I didn't see her there."

"She was in there less than a minute ago."

Our eyes widened at the same time when we realized that there was something really wrong.

We ran back up stairs to find out that Sasha wasn't where I had seen her last. We looked everywhere, waking everyone else up.

"She's gone."

"Who do you think took her?"

"The same person who made a mess in the foyer. I'm going to find out how, why and who made this happen."

"I'm coming with you," Chris and Jesse said both at the same time.

Jordyn and Vi then appeared.

"You two stay here," I told them.

"What's going on?" Vi asked.

"Sasha's missing."

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, checked each room and found no sign of Sasha. The only thing I realized was that every room seemed to be missing something.

"You two check the back, I'll check the front," I called out.

Jesse and Chris sprinted out the back door as I opened the front. We searched all around the house, and the inside, but she was nowhere to be found. I could smell a hint of smoke coming from across the road everytime I looked around the front yard. I looked up to see someone building a fire across the road, a familiar figure. A man's figure. He had a handful of frames and papers in his hands and was carelessly throwing them into the fire he had started. I stepped closer to get a better view of this familiar looking man. It didn't take long for my eyes to see exactly who it was.

Jesse and Chris came back to the front.

"She's nowhere," Jesse breathed heavily.

I didn't waste another second to pull my strength together and run.