Chapter 19: Cheater

"Complicated, frustrated, underestimated." - Machine Gun Kelly

I stormed up to Jesse's front door and banged on it mercilessly.

After a minute passed, he finally opened it. "What the hell, Sasha? Got no patience?"

I folded my arms across my chest. "What the hell, Jesse?"

"I'm sorry, you're probably in a hurry." He tried to embrace me but I shoved him off.

"Woah, you alright?" He asked, steadying himself back in balance.

"Isn't it obvious?"

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, I don't know. Let's just say I made a new friend at school today, " I told him.

That's when Gabrielle stepped out from behind me.

I could tell Jesse was trying to be confused by what he saw, but I saw the sudden change flicker past his eyes.

"If this is your new friend, then why are you so angry with me?" He played dumb.

I could tell the tiny choke release his throat as he spoke.

"Do you really need me to explain? I went to school today hoping I would make great friends only to find out that we have the same boyfriends!"

"Does it ring a bell?" Gabrielle asked with rage.

"You convinced me to trust you and all the while there wasn't a single true moment between us," I began to sob.

I was about to turn around but─

"Sasha, wait," Jesse begged as he grabbed ahold of my arm.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled as loud as possible.

He looked hurt, but I could care less what I did right now.

The first one retreated, then the next one played with me. Did I mean anything to anyone?

"Find girls who are willing to let you cheat on them," Gabrielle sneered and chased after me.

It felt like the whole world was surrounding itself around me into darkness all over again as I stomped back down the road and straight home.

I could hear Gabrielle breathing and walking behind me, but she kept quiet, unsure what to say.

I started to run, faster and faster until my lungs started to burn. My school bag slapped against my hip as I stomped away frantically.

"Sasha, wait!" Gabrielle shouted from behind me. "Watch out!"

Before I could stop myself, a felt myself being hit by something with force and my whole body was flying.

All I could perceive was the wind rushing past me as I flew and landed on something indurated.

Luke

"There was an extreme collision in Florida earlier this afternoon," the reporter on the television screen yapped.

Mom turned the volume up, she was always interested to hear whatever the news had to say.

I continued to work on my English paper for school and tried to ignore the screen.

"A seventeen year old got knocked by a car and was immediately thrown up into the air and landed on the hard concrete of the road. She was instantly knocked out when she surfaced."

Teenager.

Seventeen year old.

She.

Sasha.