=12=

Bumblebee watched as the two Cybertronians looked at the protoform. Swiftalert quickly took the little one and disappeared into the other room. The mech that brought him stared at the closed door then glanced around for a moment. A doctor asked him to sit and said he would help him. The bot sat down and sighed forcefully as he looked back to the door.

Bumblebee grunted as he felt himself become stronger. He sighed in relief when he realized Swiftalert had already saved him. He wanted to thank them both for what they did, but was slightly afraid to. He hesitantly walked into the room and started to approach the bot.

"What's your name soldier?" The doctor asked as he looked at the bot who brought the protoform.

"Me? Oh... no one..." he mumbled and looked away as he watched the door.

"You have to have a designation or a name." The medic said seriously and narrowed his optics.

"Fine. If you must know." He said as he glared at him. "The names Ironhide." He grumbled. Bumblebee stopped suddenly and his optics widened. Ironhide had saved him? He didn't know that.

He smiled a little finally knowing who had brought him here. He walked off not being seen by either of them, and saw Swiftalert as she came out with the protoform.

"Oh. Excuse me." She said and went to Ironhide then asked about the small ones family. Bumblebee listened as the two spoke then she walked back towards him.

::Take care of him.:: he beeped quietly and she stopped suddenly. She looked at him with concern and handed the protoform to a nurse.

"Your voice... what happened?" She asked and he blinked in surprise then quickly looked away. He forgot about that for a second. "Oh no, I'm sorry. Here maybe I can fix it." She said seriously. He looked at her then smiled sadly as he shook his helm.

::Not even the best doctor in all of Cybertron could fix it.:: he whirled as he smiled slightly.

"Oh? And who is that?" She asked as she furrowed her optic ridges and folded her arms. He chuckled softly in his broken voice as he stared at her. He forgot how much he loved his carrier figure.

::Ratchet. He's absolutely amazing and did everything he possibly could. I trust him and his judgment.:: he chirped then hesitated before hugging her tightly. She blinked in surprise and looked at him.

"What in Primus?" She gasped quietly and pulled away after hesitantly hugging him back.

::Thank you... for saving the protoform... for everything. Just... don't give up on him.:: he whirled and smiled at her before walking out of the building. She watched him go and furrowed her optic ridges then went back to work.

Bumblebee walked around outside towards an undetermined destination. He heard a fimailar engine behind him and narrowed his optics. He glared darkly as the bot transformed and ran up to him.

"It took me forever to find you Bug. Don't you think we should stay together?" Knockout scoffed as he walked by him. "Hey are you-" the scout whipped around and punched him hard in the faceplate. The con stumbled back and fell in the dirt as his optics widened.

::Don't you ever do something like that again!:: Bumblebee beeped angrily and glared at him. ::I should leave you here.:: he whirled with venom. Knockout didn't say anything as he stared at him.

::I thought there was some good in you. But I was wrong. You'll never be good... it's just not possible for you.:: he chirped and turned as he walked away. Knockout stared after him then furrowed his optic ridges. Why did that bother him? He looked at the dirt then got up after a moment. He shrugged it off and ran to catch up.

"So are we leaving or what?" He asked as Bumblebee gave him a disbelieving look.

::You're unbelievable.:: he beeped as he shook his helm. He glared at him again then found a secluded place. He then carefully pulled out the relic as it glowed. Knockout watched as the scout gripped it then he tried to grab it.

"Give it! I know where to go next!" Knockout said as he thought of his friend again. He could save him.

::Would you stop?!:: Bumblebee beeped angrily and shoved him back. ::Stop acting like a sparkling! I'll get us home, I promise.:: he whirled more calmly.

"But I have to save my friend." He said seriously and gripped the relic. He ended up twisting it as the two held on.

::Knockout! You need to-:: he was cut off by the flash of light and the painful turning. They suddenly landed with a grunt on the hard ground.

::Why... why can't you think?:: He whirled as he shakily got up.

"Shut up Bug..." he mumbled with his faceplate in the ground. Bumblebee looked around as he put the relic in his chest chassis.

Wherever they were it was dark and eerily silent. The scout furrowed his optic ridges and slowly stood as Knockout again complained about his paint. This place seemed fimailar but didn't at the same time. Bumblebee heard typing and his optics widened in surprise. They were in the base. He looked at Knockout and carefully helped him up.

::Be quiet. We're in... my headquarters.:: he whirled hesitantly. Knockout blinked in surprise and looked around.

"Nice place." He sneered sarcastically then folded his arms. "I'd love to see the outside." He muttered. Bumblebee glared darkly and motioned for him to follow.

::I'm sending you straight back to the Nemesis.:: he beeped quietly as they approached the main room. Knockout stopped suddenly and stared at his back.

"You... aren't going to keep me here? Like a war prisoner?" He asked hesitantly. The scout stopped suddenly as he thought about it then glanced over his shoulder plate at him.

::No. We're not Decepticons.:: he chirped and kept walking. The medic just stared blankly then quietly followed. They peeked into the main room and saw Ratchet alone by the computer. The room was dark except for the screen the bot was working with.

::Ratchet? What happened here?:: Bumblebee beeped and the Autobot medic jumped in surprise. He whipped around and stared at him with wide and terrified optics. They stared back with equal surprise.

The medic had a mangled arm and crushed servo which he held close to him. His ped was practically on its side and his leg was twisted at the knee plate. Half his faceplate was smashed in and his optic was black. He gripped the console as he stared at them with fear.

::Ratchet... who did this to you?:: Bumblebee beeped sadly as tears filled his optics. Knockout slowly approached seeing that the bot was struggling to stay up.

"Stay back.." he rasped as he tried to move away but ended up falling to his knee plates. He grunted in pain and tried to get up again.

Knockout was closer and carefully helped him up then sat him on a berth. He stared at Knockout as his optic focused slowly. He seemed confused as he stared at him. The cons medical instincts kicked in and he quietly asked to see his servo. The Autobot hesitantly let him as he looked around.

::Can you fix him?:: Bumblebee chirped quietly and with concern. Knockout hesitantly nodded as he furrowed his optic ridges.

"I can try. But these wounds are old.... like during the war... and whoever tried to repair him... did a bad job." He muttered bitterly. Ratchet kept staring at Knockout with confusion for a moment.

"Knock... Knockout?" He asked quietly and furrowed his optic ridges. "What happened to your Prime state?" He asked. The con froze and looked at him as he blinked in surprise.

"My what?" He asked as he looked at Bumblebee. "This bots crazy." He mumbled. The scout glared darkly then looked at his friend.

::Who did this to you?:: He asked again as he watched him. The medic stared at him blankly as if he was the crazy one now.

"Don't you remember?" He rasped quietly and glared. "You did.... you did this to me..." he seethed angrily. Knockout slowly looked at Bumblebee who paled and stared back at the con.