=20=

This was his fault. He caused this. He caused the pain his friend was feeling. It was all his fault and he couldn't do anything about it.

Jack slowly looked at the Autobots as the transmission ended. Megatron didn't make any demands or give them a chance to bargain for Miko.

The young man gripped the railing as he felt weak. He furrowed his brow and looked at his backpack the relic had decided to hide it. He was grateful it shrunk down to size, however something slowly dawned on him. The Decepticon relic was slowly killing the young teen.

He narrowed his eyes and gripped the railing more as his knees tried to buckle. He hung his head and felt himself starting to sweat. He had to save them before the relic finished him off. Was it because he wasn't Cybertronian? His stomach turned and he tried not to throw up again.

"Jackson Darby." A voice said and he looked to it. Optimus stood by the human area as he looked at him with concern. "I apologize for this unfortunate..." he trailed off unsure what to call this ordeal.

"No..." Jack rasped weakly and winced a little. "It's my fault Optimus... but I don't have time to explain... Unicron is coming and Megatron is simply distracting you from realizing this... planetary alignment... he's waking up... he's going to hurt a lot of people if you don't stop him... dark energon... from a volcano... get there before Megatron and stop him... from waking the chaos bringer..." he whispered. Optimus furrowed his optic ridges and looked to the others. They didn't know what to say nor how to respond to what the teen said. Ratchet suddenly got a call from Agent Fowler talking about the weathers odd behavior. The Prime looked at Jack again and studied him.

"How did you-"

"I shouldn't answer that... please... stop him..." he gasped in pain and tried to hide it. He fooled the others except for Optimus. The leader knew something was wrong but didn't know how to help him. He nodded slowly and went to Ratchet to find the dark energon volcano.

Jack looked to another computer as Wheeljack contacted them. He had heard about Bulkhead getting hurt and wanted to help them. The teen slowly sat on the couch and leaned against it as he thought. He could still hear Miko screaming. He had to save her somehow from that nightmare.

Optimus prepared to leave as Wheeljack came in, and Arcee told him the run down. Raf was with Bumblebee trying to comfort him, while Ratchet worked on Bulkhead again. Jack felt his phone vibrate and he frowned as he looked at it. His eyes widened in surprise and he quickly stood.

"It's Miko!" He shouted and everyone froze. They looked to Optimus who had his servo on the lever.

"Ratchet locate her while I distract Megatron. Wheeljack, Bumblebee and Arcee will form a rescue mission. Inform me immediately when you have her." He said seriously, he then pulled the lever and left to confront the warlord. Jack looked at the text as Raf ran over to help him.

"Jack. Help." Was all it said. The young man smiled a little as tears filled his eyes. He waited for Raf to be ready then quickly started typing a response.

"It's alright Miko. Wheeljack and the others are coming to get you." He texted quickly and waited for a response. The said wrecker was yelling at the others for not taking action in finding the young girl. A few minutes passed and they didn't find anything.

"I... I... I can't get a signal..." Raf whispered as tears fell down his face. "She's going to die... because I can't find her..." he choked and started to sob in despair.

Jack quickly hugged him and fought back his own tears. He mentally kicked himself for not taking the boy out of the room during the transmission.

"She's going to die... because I can't find her!" The young boy sobbed into the older teen. "It's all my fault!" He cried. Jack shook his head and buried his face in the boys hair.

"No... no Raf it isn't your fault... I promise it isn't your fault." He whispered and looked to the computer. Nothing.

Wheeljack got fed up and stormed off down the hall. Jack thought for a moment then narrowed his eyes.

"Keep trying Raf... we'll get her back..." he said more to himself. He got up when the boy calmed then grabbed his backpack.

The burden inside making it heavier for him to carry. He gripped the rail as he made his way down the stairs. He was doing his best to hide his pain, but it was becoming difficult. He looked up as the computer beeped and Wheeljack came back into the main room. The teen felt his phone vibrate and he looked at it.

"Jack... I don't want to... die alone." Her message broke his heart and filled him with rage. He felt he was going to do something he wouldn't normally do.

He looked at Wheeljack and caught his optic, then motioned for him to follow. They went to the hallway and he looked at the wrecker.

"I need you to take me with you on this rescue mission." the teen said seriously as he clenched his fists. Wheeljack blinked in surprise and looked to the other room.

"Listen kid-"

"No." Jack said firmly as he stared up at him. "I'm going. One way or another I have to go with you. Miko needs someone to comfort her." He said seriously. The wrecker stared at him then nodded slowly.

He got down and held his servo out then let the young man climb on. Jack watched as he opened his chest chassis then held him close to it. The young man slipped in and found a safe place as the bot closed his chest chassis.

He felt his heart racing as Wheeljack stood and made his way to the main room. He heard excited conversation and tried to hear what they said. He caught Mikos name and smiled slightly as he heard the bridge power up.

"Good job Raf... I knew you could do it." He whispered and felt Wheeljack move. He heard the ground bridge get closer and held his breath as they went through.

This was it. There was no turning back now.