=36=

The Prime was furious with his counterpart and continued to fight him as Megatronus stared at the dead scout. The gladiator looked up and over at the other cons. His optics scanned the Autobot drones and the bots to see who had survived the attack. He slowly rose to his peds and unsheathed his blade as he went to help Optimus defeat the warlord. The gladiator was tired of fighting and wanted this war to end. He didn't know what it would take but he hoped he could find a solution soon. He didn't want to kill his little brother but didn't know if he could be reasoned with.

Optimus continued to fight the warlord as he glared at him. The evil counterpart laughed and kicked him over then stabbed him in the shoulder plate. He shoved the blade down and into the ground as he trapped the good Prime.

"You have so much anger inside you." The warlord sneered and twisted the blade as his counterpart cried out in pain. "Just like I did before I became what I am now." He said with malice in his vocals.

"I became stronger and nothing ties me down to this pathetic world. Unlike you." He growled and stabbed his other arm into the ground with his other blade. Optimus squeezed his optics shut and grit his teeth as his counterpart twisted the blades again.

"You'll come to find in the end... no one will be by your side to help you." He seethed. "Primes are always alone." He spat then looked up just before Megatronus punched him hard in the faceplate.

Optimus yelled through gritted teeth when the warlord moved away from him and yanked his blades out of the good Prime. Megatronus helped his friend stand as he glared at his brother.

"You aren't alone. We can end this now and rebuild our home." The gladiator tried to reason as he watched him. "We don't have to fight any longer." He said as he motioned to their dead. "How many more Cybertonians are you going to kill before you end this?" He asked. The warlord glanced at the bots and stared for a moment before looking at his brother.

"I'll stop when you're offline and I have your helm." He spat and swung at him, though it was clear his injuries were catching up to him. He stumbled a little and glared at his older brother who only dodged his blows.

The good Prime stepped back and watched as he knelt by Bumblebee. He thought about what his counterpart said and stayed silent as Knockout tended to his injuries. He wanted to help Megatronus, but felt in his spark that the gladiator was trying to change his brother. Same way he had tried to change Megatron. He simply watched as the gladiator continued to dodge and his brother became weaker because of his injuries. The warlord wheezed and struggled as he glared at the older mech.

"Fight... coward...." He rasped as he swung then fell to his knee plates. He vented heavily as his energon leaked from his wounds.

Megatronus looked at the energon stained ground and crouched in front of his younger brother. He studied him as the warlord set his servos on the ground to keep from falling over. He wouldn't last must longer, and that pained the older con to watch. The gladiator had pity in his optics and he carefully set a servo on his shoulder plate.

"Brother... it's over." He said seriously and the younger looked at him as he vented weakly. "Let's put this behind us and move forward." He said and held his other servo out to him. He stared blankly then narrowed his optics as he gripped the dirt.

He couldn't admit defeat but he wasn't sure what to do now. He sighed a little and shakily gripped his servo. Megatronus helped him up and steadied him as he carefully gripped his arm.

"No more war. No more death. Just come home with me brother." He said as he stared at the warlord. The said bot hesitated and watched him for a moment before glancing at his counterpart.