Chapter 2

"What would you have done if I would've said yes?"

"Well... I would've been happy. Or you would've seen a Chandler sized hole in that door.".

As the laugh track starts I make some sort of throat/gasp giggle. It's one in the morning, I'm up watching Friends, and eating Vanilla ice cream with marshmallows and cool whip. It's actually good, but it hasn't taken my mind from anything.

I never got a call from Marshall. Emma and Tommy both told me not to worry about it before they trudged off to bed. So here I am again... alone... well I guess I won't be alone for another nine months. Even then I won't be alone for the rest of my life. I'll always have Marshall's little offspring with me.

God I have to get up from this couch and go to bed. I'm tired, I'm cold, I've eaten by body weight in ice cream. My ankles hurt, my boobs hurt, I'm nauseous, and my heart hurts from knowing that this will be going on for what feels like forever.

I sigh heavily and swing myself off the couch and gather up my dirty dishes. Carrying them to the kitchen isn't a problem, but keeping myself from passing out on that couch may be.

Ever since I passed out with a rather exposed date of mine Emma has refused to let me sleep out here and says she'll stick my hand in warm water if she catches me, but maybe she'll make an exception since I'll be up vomiting... no. Stop. I have to stop thinking this and I have to go to bed.

I turn off the tv and let the darkness fill the room. The only light coming from a few street lights and the moon over head of our apartment.

It's beautiful. The moon. It's not quiet full, but it's working it's way there and honestly no matter what phase it's in a believe the moon is gorgeous and descended more credit than we give it.

A soft knocking fills the air around me making my throat tighten and my body straighten up. No one knocks at an hour like this- no one. I may be pregnant, but trust me I will beat someone's ass with no hesitations, but maybe I should grab a weapon.

The knocking fills the air again making me jump at least two feet out my my skin. It's more of a desperate pounding than a knocking. Like they have to get in and they have to be apart of whatever is within.

I grab the closest and sharpest object I can find... scissors and finally with caution I step towards the door. My hand reaching for the knob and gently unlocking it then gently touching the chain- RING.

My phone begins to go off and I almost run across the floor, yes with the scissors, to answer it. Mainly to get rid of the noise for Emma and Tommy- holy shit it's Marshall.

My throat almost swells shut and by habit I answer the moment I see his name. I know I'm going to hate this conversation so I may as well get it over with right.

"Yeah."

"Where are you?"

"At home."

"Come open the door for me. It's pouring rain out here."

"I just saw the sky Marshall it's clear."

"Let me in.".

He could've just said that. He didn't have to lie to me.

I wipe my face a little and drop my phone back on the couch as he ends our call. Like my life when he walks in the room. Ugh.

I slide off the chain lock and open the door for him. He isn't wet like he lied about I saw that coming, but his cheeks are puffy and his eyes look bloodshot meaning he's been hurting about this just as much as I have.

"Hi." I mumble playing with the rim of my shorts. It's my only real reaction to him. To seeing his tall, dark figure standing above me like this. His dark hair and bright eyes dimmed by the pain I've presented to him.