Chapter 22

With every step I take down the rather quiet, but lively hallway... well I mean it's only really lively from the people behind the doors. My point is I can feel myself become numb to the things around me. I'm so terrified to show Marshall to my parents and I'm so terrified to tell them about the baby to the point where I can't feel anything. I feel nothing and everything- my heart is gonna explode out of my chest.

I wish everyone could just be happy about it and go oh a baby how cute and sweet. I'm so excited for you both! Hah. What a joke. Nothing can be that damn simple. Everyone has to point out the age difference and with that comes the stupid fucking viagra joke.

If I see another one of those on Instagram about Marshall I'm going to track down the user and force feed them broken forks. Just five minutes ago before we left I was swiping through and there it was in big bold print- not a meme from the Stans oh no it was a comment from one of those Lil Pump fan accounts.

Haha so funny. Marshall's older so it must mean for him to get horny he needs a little "help" from everyone's favorite drug. Whatever. I swear. Show me one more and I'll snap. Okay. I just need to relax. Being stressed isn't good for the baby and it isn't good for Marshall.

The last thing he needs now is to see me getting upset. Upset about this place. Upset about my family. I need to stop thinking about all of this.

My thoughts end abruptly as the daylight from us leaving the hotel hits my eyes. it's a relief for me mentally, but after spending so much time away from the bright May sun it's blinding. I wince a little at first, but push through it as quick as I can so I don't seem like some freaky chick who hides inside all the time.

As I look around Marshall and I, I start to realize one big thing. He's wearing his hood for no reason. There are no paparazzi here, there's no one around to take pictures of us or to storm us and cause issues. For once since him and I started dating it is finally just Marshall and me.

I look over at him as the sun hits the side of his face making a small halo of light illuminate his beard and dark hood. I reach up and push the hood down smirking slightly at him, "you look goth with it up.".

"So?"

"There's no one around to take any pictures, leave it off so I can see that cute face.".

He smiles warmly at me and wraps his arm around my shoulder pulling me with him as we finally make our way to the car.

That's my favorite thing to tell him a lot of the time. That he has such a cute face. It makes him blush all hard and smile till his cheeks are sore. I don't know if he's smiling at me or if he's thinking about Stephen Colbert and when he said that to him. Does it really matter through?

Probably a little actually.

I buckle in and look over at Marshall, "do you know where Dairy Queen is or am I driving?".

"I want something else I think."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. What's your favorite place to eat here?"

"I don't know, what do you want?"

"Baby this isn't about me, it's about you two. So what is your favorite. You come home and you stop and get this every time."

"... switch me seats and I'll drive.".

** ** ** ** ** ** **

"Slow the fuck down, Jesus shit are you trying to kill me."

"I'm going thirty five!"

"It's twenty five through here!"

"Get the hell over yourself."