Chapter 28 - Fier

They decided to go to the time square after a walk in the park. They had a few pictures around the area and after that, they visited the statue of liberty with a private yacht that Oxford bought. They ate dinner in a famous restaurant called 'keen's steakhouse'. When the sun started to set, they went back and took a cab back to their building. Oxford was the first one to step out of the vehicle to hold the door open for his family. Ray, who was sitting next to the driver, also stepped out when Oxford was about to close the door. The four were standing near the revolving glass door of Oxford's family's building.

"See you again someday I guess...", said the mother when Azalea stood next to her and Ray stood next to Oxford.

"We'll visit someday.", said Oxford before they waved at each other goodbye before Zinnia and Azalea entered the building.

The two men turned around and walked to the entrance of Oxford's building. Oxford, who is really a gentleman, was the first one to open the front door of his penthouse and held it until Ray is inside. He then closed the door shut and locked it securely when suddenly they were greeted by the robot who was standing in the living room with both of his hands behind his back.

"Where did you hide?", Ray questioned the robot as he was approaching him.

"It's a secret that I would never tell.", said the robot.

"Yeah sure.", said Oxford before walking into his bedroom but didn't close the door this time.

Ray sat on the sofa while yawning as he was staring at the robot who was also looking down at him.

"I laughed when I heard that you smiled at her.", said the robot to Ray.

"Did you also hear that we are going to France?", Oxford asked a question when he walked out of his room and sat down on the sofa, next to ray.

"Indeed, but you can't leave me alone for days and I know you know that.", said the robot as he was staring at Oxford while also taking a seat on the sofa.

"That's why I don't want to come with them.", Oxford said when he turned his head to Ray.

"We'll think of a way that will help the robot blend in with us.", said Ray.

"Well, we have four days left before we go to France.", said Oxford when he glanced at his wristwatch. "I'm going to get some sleep now, any more questions that I need to answer?", he stood up looking at them.

"Where is his blueprint?", Ray questioned.

"Show him your blueprint.", Oxford ordered the robot who was still sitting on the sofa, looking at the two of them.

The robot nodded and stood up and lead Ray to his bedroom, which is just next to Oxford's. The robot told the man to sit on the bed as he fetched the blueprint from the cabinet. Ray was looking around the room, waiting for the robot, then he moved closer when he saw the pictures on the cabinet and some are hanging on the wall. It's the pictures of the robot, Oxford, and his previous test subjects.

"Do you still remember their names?", ray questioned the robot while still staring at the pictures.

The robot turned around when he finally got the white folder, which contains the blueprint. He noticed that Ray was admiring the photos on the cabinet and on the wall. He walked towards him with the blueprint in his right hand.

"No... No, I don't.", said the robot.

Ray turned around and saw the robot standing nearby. Ray received the white folder that the robot was handing to him. He then walked out of the room after saying, "I'll see you tomorrow."

The robot followed the man who was walking back to his bedroom. He placed the folder on the corner desk while also turning the lamp on. The robot was standing in the doorway, watching him quietly. Ray opened the folder and took the papers out and placed them neatly on the desk.

"Looks like we already have the answer for it.", the robot heard Ray talked.

"What's the solution?", the robot let out a question which surprised Ray.

"You know chameleons and mimic octopuses right?", Ray looked up at the robot and the robot nodded at him.

"Well according to your blueprints, you have thin robust panels throughout the outside surface of your body, in which can change your color and appearance.", Ray said as he handed the robot a paper that is from the folder, proving that what Ray is saying is true. "You should be able to do that right?", he added.

"I don't know.", answered the robot as he placed the paper on the desk.

"Well... just in case you can't, I can create a chip that will be able to control all of your panels. The problem is, I can't do it here, since there is no workshop, well... there is one back at the test section which is in the facility.", said Ray when he scratched his head gently.

"That's great actually... you should tell that to Oxford tomorrow.", said the robot who was about to walk out of the bedroom, to leave him alone.

"Hey.", Ray stopped the robot, and the robot turned around to face him.

"Do you have a name?", Ray questioned.

The robot didn't answer the question, he just walked away, out of his sight. Ray blinked confusedly as he slowly turned his head back to the blueprints, trying to search for the robot's name. He found none from the papers, he thought that it is written on the folder so he grabbed it and saw something written on the cover of the folder.

"So your name is Fier.", whispered Ray.