Chapter 9 - Card

Ray didn't sleep last night, all he did was nothing, sitting on the bed, staring at the mirror that he moved from the bathroom to the wall in front of him. He was wrapped in a blanket when the door opened and Oxford walked in. They stared at one another for a moment but the man wearing a black suit looked away, he saw the mirror hanging on the concrete wall.

"You didn't get some sleep did you?", questioned Oxford, keeping the metal door open. Ray nodded left to right.

"I didn't either.", said Oxford before he let out a long yawn. "Shall we begin?", he asked the man all of sudden.

Ray nodded at the man as a yes, he then removed the blanket and folded it neatly and placed it on the bed, next to the pillow. He looked at Oxford and caught him pulling a trolley in to the room. The trolley has two levels, the first one has three objects, and the other one has a metal box on it. He kept his eyes on the three objects as Oxford placed the trolley in front of Ray, who is still sitting on the bed.

"What object is on your right?", Oxford questioned.

"An iPhone.", Ray answered as he just glanced at the phone and then face Oxford.

"Next to it?", Oxford spoke.

"A telegraph.", he answered correctly.

"The other one?", said Oxford.

Ray took a good look at the third object. It is a small capsule-like object with just an estimated height of five inches and a width of two inches. Its both ends have a metal robust skeleton that protects the glass capsule from shattering from fall. Inside the capsule is unlike anything that can be seen on Earth.

"Antimatter.", said Ray.

"Correct.", Oxford told Ray in a low tone as he grabbed the metal box underneath and placed it on the bed, near Ray.

"Open it when you are ready.", Oxford added.

Ray opened the metal box slowly. He glanced at the man nearby with a strange look. Inside the metal box are disassembled parts of an eagle gun. Ray also noticed that Oxford moved all the three objects, that Ray identified just a while ago, to the second level of the trolley. All of sudden Oxford grabbed the metal box and placed it on the first level of the trolley.

"Assemble it correctly, without making errors.", said Oxford as he sat next to Ray, looking at him.

Ray slowly took out each piece from the box and placed it, with organization, on the trolley. Oxford observed Ray carefully as he began to assemble the weapon, of course, he made sure that there is no bullet present in the pieces, but he has one in his right breast pocket. Ray began to blink due to confusion and stress, because first of all, he doesn't feel comfortable doing something with someone, especially if it is this close.

"What happens if I made an error?", Ray let out a question out of nowhere.

"You'll see...", Oxford replied as he kept his eyes on the gun that was about to be completed.

The gun was just one piece away from completion when suddenly Ray stopped. He rested the last piece next to the gun that he also just placed. Oxford blinked confusedly.

"Is there something wrong?", he questioned.

"Are you going to shoot me?", Ray replied, not looking at him.

"What made you to ask that kind of question?", Oxford said.

"I'm assembling a weapon that can end human lives.", Ray replied.

"You should notice that you haven't found a bullet yet.", Oxford said as he stood up while looking at him.

"I noticed, that is why I'm asking just in case you are just hiding it.", said Ray while he grabbed finally assembled the gun without any errors.

Oxford picked up the gun and brought the bullet in to the light. He aired the weapon and pointed it at the mirror. Surprisingly, he didn't press the trigger, instead, he handed it to Ray and told him to shoot it on the wall. Ray stood up as he turned the safety off and stood in front of a concrete wall while Oxford stood behind him, watching. Ray pressed the trigger and in just milliseconds the mirror shattered and can only be now found on the floor in pieces. The sound of the gunshot was so loud that two armed guards came running in to the room. They stared at the man who was still holding the gun and then to the man who was also still standing behind him.

"Is there a problem officers?", Oxford questioned the guards.

"No sir.", said one of the guards.

Ray and Oxford watched the two guards left the room without a single word.

"Follow me.", said Oxford to Ray as he left the room. "Leave the gun.", he added as he waited in the hallway.

Ray walked out of the room and saw Oxford leaning on the wall, waiting for him. He approached him, he noticed the two guards having a conversation in the distance, far away from them. He looked back at Oxford but found him meters away from him, walking. He walked fast to him and slowed down as he followed Oxford from behind.

The arrived back at the laboratory where Chap usually works. Oxford found him looking through a microscope on his desk. He cleared his throat just to get his attention as he walked towards him while Ray took a seat and stayed quiet as the two men began to talk.

"Is this yours?", Oxford questioned when he finally got Chap's attention and also pulled a small glass memory card and handed it to him.

"No... I found it in the red folder that is in your right hand.", said Chap as he took a good look at the nearly transparent object.

"Its label made it more suspicious.", said Oxford as he received the small glass memory card from Chap after he stared at the writings on the label.

"Then bring it to the PGP.", said Chap.