Chapter 40 - Ship

Ray was eating biscuits on the sofa, next to Fier, both of them were waiting for Oxford was taking a shower that is because he woke up late for a few minutes, but for the two of them, time is gold. Fier was already in his human form when Ray got out from the shower wearing his only clothing. Fier didn't even try to sleep, he just spent his spare time staring out at the window in his bedroom, not in the living room.

"Forgive me.", Oxford said when he walked out of his room with his luggage, not wearing his black suit but a blue polo, brown shorts and a pair of white shoes. He was looking at the two when placed his luggage near the front door, next to Fier's and Ray's luggage. "Remind me to buy you some clothes.", he told Ray.

"I'll keep that in mind.", Ray replied when he left the sofa, the robot followed, and walked and stood next to Oxford who was looking down to his main phone.

They walked out of the penthouse after making sure that every windows and doors are locked shut. They went to Oxford's garage again to get the Audi that they will use to travel to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. Ray volunteered to sit on the back so that Fier can experience seating at the front, next to the driver. They drove out of the garage when they noticed that the sky has started to change its color. It only took them less than half an hour to arrive at the terminal with more time to spare. Fier and Ray started following Oxford after getting out of the car with their luggage. Immediately, Oxford found his family in a restaurant eating breakfast.

"You three are early.", said the mother when she stood up and hugged her husband. She then turned to greeted Ray, but she stopped when she faced to the third person. "I'm Zinnia, his wife... and you must be?"

"His name is Fier.", Ray spoke out of nowhere. Both Oxford and the robot turned their heads to Ray.

"Cool name.", Azalea commented.

Fier shook Zinnia's hand with a smile. When she sat down next to Azalea, Fier walked up to Ray who was watching Oxford and his family.

"You think it's funny?", Fier questioned quietly.

Ray slows turned around to Fier with a plain face.

"Well... what do you want them to call you?", Ray replied with a question.

"Anything but that!", said Fier with his head slightly tilted and with a tone.

Ray gently nodded while looking away from him. He tried to walk away but Ray felt Fier's left arm wrapped around his right, keeping Ray close to him.

"You are not going anywhere.", said Fier to Ray who is still standing next to him.

The two noticed that Oxford and his family left the place and joined them. Zinnia glanced at her wristwatch and then to the group and announced that the bordering has started.

"Adventure of the seas.", Ray read the name of the cruise ship when they were walking. He already has figured it out that that is their ship, of course, it's common sense since it is the only ship docked at the terminal. They walked up at the ramp after handing them their tickets to the crew.

"Apparently we will be separated when it comes to cabins.", Oxford said to Fier and Ray when they arrived at the hallway which connects to the cabins.

"4102.", Fier read the room number that he is assigned on the paper that he is holding, he then looked at Ray who made a glance at his. Ray then showed them the paper and Fier and Oxford discovered that Fier and Ray will be in the same cabin, beside to Oxford's.

They walked into their designated cabins after the captain of the ship announced that they will be departing in a few minutes. Ray's and Fier's cabin has a balcony that shows a stunning view of the blue ocean. Ray stood there after he rested his luggage in his room, the robot remained in his room and never walked out even when the ship started to depart from the dock. As the ship gets farther away from the land, Fier has finally left his room and joined Ray on the balcony. They can hear the waves hitting the side of the ship with gusts of winds blowing. Fier thought that the nice weather won't last long so he looked up and only found a bright blue sky with small patches of white clouds.

"Why are you hiding your name?", Ray let out a question when he saw Fier leaned against the railings next to him.

"It's the only way for me to forget my past and just move on.", answered the robot with a plain tone while also turning his head to him.

"Why did you do something wrong?", Ray questioned.

"I killed someone.", replied the robot.

"Oh.", murmured Ray as he looked away from his eyes and to the ocean.

The two of them heard a knock on the door, as a response, they turned around to see who it is. They suddenly felt relieved when the door open and it was just Oxford, telling that the two of them should get some breakfast while the restaurants are still serving it. Ray nodded at Oxford when he walked up to him then turned his head at Fier who is still standing on the balcony.

"We're not going to live you here.", said Ray to Fier.