Chapter 1 - Awakening

A man woke up in a daze as he slowly opens his eyes. He rolled his eyes from corner to corner, trying to identify the room he is in. It appears to him that he is in a hospital, just by the machines and the computers next to his bed, but not a single window can be seen. He rolled his head to the right to gather more information where he is. There's a red balloon tied to the armrest of a chair that is placed between the two wooden doors. The one on its left is slightly opened, he can see a glimpse of what is inside, it is a bathroom. Another door can be seen just meters away from the chair. It may be the way that leads to the corridors.

The man blinked as his eyes started to dry up. He even started to move his tongue around his mouth, he is dehydrated. He has a lot of questions that are needed to be answered. He wants to know why is he here, what happened to him and how long is he here. He can't remember what happened to him, even his identity. He also noticed that his right hand is handcuffed to the railing of the bed. He began to hear footsteps coming from the door and a trolley being pushed due to the sounds of squeaking being repeated, but it slowly fades away just seconds after.

He rolled to his left and found another chair that is placed near him. On it is a folded white general uniform and placed over it is a matching white general hat. He blinked confusedly while he stared at the folded clothing on the chair. He began to think about it when he looked up to the ceiling. Out of nowhere, a door opened and a man wearing a black suit walked in.

"My name is Oxford, and I work with SPOT.", the man introduced himself when he approached him with his hands behind his back.

"Do you understand me?", he added as he placed both of his hands on the railing.

The man on the bed nodded at Oxford after hesitating.

"Can you speak?", questioned the man who is looking down at him.

"Who am I?", questioned the unknown man while looking up at Oxford who has just removed the cuffs, setting him free.

"We don't know either. We still haven't found a single information about you. For now, you will be staying with us just to be safe and also, we will hand you some tests and observe your movements, because when we took some sample of your blood... Our scientists can't identify what blood type it is.", said Oxford as he walked to the other side of the bed. When he stopped, he picked up the folded uniform and placed it on the man's knees who is now sitting on the edge of the bed.

"You should wear this, no questions asked.", said Oxford before letting out a sigh as he took a seat on the chair.

The unidentified man gave him a slight nod before getting off the bed and into the bathroom to put it on. At first, he thought that he is going commando, but when he unfolded the uniform, a piece of underwear fell to the floor. It took him minutes to ear the uniform in the correct way. He then placed the hat firmly on his head before opening the door, leaving the bathroom with the lights still on.

"Follow me.", Oxford told the man who just walked out of the restroom.

The two men walked down the silent corridor after they left the room. The man continued to follow Oxford, who is just feet away from him, even though he noticed that some of the doors that they walked pass are made out of metal, and some of those metal doors don't even have a window. He also took a good look at each and every door around them while walking. He began to scrap the idea that he is in a hospital just from the metal doors.

He began to hear voices echoing around the corridors. The voices sound like two men ordering someone to stay away from them. The man, wearing a white general uniform was looking around, searching for the source of the sound, when suddenly Oxford caught his attention.

"You alright?", questioned the man who is in a black suit.

"Do you hear that?", the man also answered with a question.

"Of course, it will be weird for us to not hear that scream, especially in this place.", Oxford answered.

"Where am I?", the man let out a question in a very low tone, low enough for Oxford to not hear it.

He also noticed that they continue to walk straight, even when they encountered an intersection. He tried to look what is in front of them and both of his eyes widened when he saw two huge metal-hinged doors that looks like that they are twenty feet tall and its width looks like it is at least ten feet.

He looked back and he saw nothing but the long suspicious corridor. He then heard a loud sound of a compressed air being released with a hiss. The two metal doors began to open, slowly revealing what is on the other side of it. On the other side of the door is another long corridor, but now it has a different design.

It is more modern than the corridor where they are currently.

"How long are these corridors?", questioned the man to the person in front of him.

"Some say that they are endless.", said Oxford when he glanced at him before he begins to walk again.

"What about the rest of them?", the man continued to ask questions.

"Said that they have no idea and don't have any intentions to know about it. Of course, I am one of them.", answered Oxford while moving both of his hands behind his back.