Chapter Forty-Seven

S/R:

The other groups was called to depart from the stage. Its only the three groups. Group 1, 4 and 5. Bryan and I stood hand in hand as the teacher announced the third place.

"Group f-"....

Shit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Group four!!"

My heart dropped. Third place? I guess the changes were too much for the judges. I turned around to look at my team, and the look on their faces broke my heart to a million pieces. Heads all faced down to the floor, I could see the disappointment in Bryan's eyes when I looked at him. It's all my fault. If I've been more careful..more alert. This wouldn't happen. All our hardwork was ruined by my stupid mistake. My head hung down in defeat.

"WAIT! Wait! I'm sorry but there was a mix up. Team five is in third place!! Give them a round of applause!", our headmaster quickly corrected.

I looked up at him in disbelief, is he for real?

"My apologies", he said as he turned over to face our group and gave a small bow.

Ok, so he's serious.. So...we still have a shot in winning?

"Without further delays, I'm proud to announce, the team that would be representing our school for the annual 'Art for Life' drama competition is... *Drum roll* Team FOUR!!! *Drum clash*", announced our headmaster.

The crowd went wild as I was still in shock of what happened. Would there be another mix up? Maybe team one was the champion, or maybe our headmaster didn't read the cards wrongly, maybe our team was in third place? I'm not going to be able to relax anymore..

All a sudden I was crushed by a really big group hug with my team as they celebrated with 'whooping' and 'wooing'. Yes, it's a word. In my dictionary, that is.

Then I was quickly asked to receive our trophy by the chairperson. Just as I was about to walk, I remembered that I had a cast on and it will take a while for it to heal. Does this mean we would have to disqualify? I mean, I'm sure the judges from the other competition wouldn't like to see a girl with a huge cast on her leg dragging herself all around their stage as she acts now do they? Gosh, I really don't want to pull myself out of the competition...

-----OO-----

"Miss Summers?", asked Sam, the new intern.

"Yes, my dear?"

"Mr. Brown needs your help in teaching some new dancers in the DH3 (Dance Hall 3), ma'am-- I mean Celina-- I mean Miss Summers.", she quickly corrected herself as she rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

"But I'm not on schedule today."

"Yeah, but he said this batch is a little too much for him to teach alone, so he asked for your help.", she told me.

"Tell him I'll be there in 5 minutes then..", I replied. Sam nodded a little too hard, causing her full frame glasses to fall to the ground. Quickly she got her glasses back and practically ran out of my room.

I smiled to myself remembering how it was like when I was interning in this exact dance company when I was 18 while studying dance for my bachelor's degree, just like Sam, I was clumsy. But if it weren't for my dance coach that spent hours and hours training me, I wouldn't be where I am now, one of the top dance teachers in Wisconsin.

I sigh as I noticed how fast time flies. I'm 24 now. It's been 7 years since I've graduated from high school, and it took me 4 years to complete my bachelor's in dance, and luckily the dance school decided to send me to this dance company as an assistant choreographer for a year then I've got known within that year as most of the time, the choreographers would let me teach the class once in a while and by the next year, I was hired to be a permanent choreographer.