Picnic at the Park

Jenny’s POV

                “You did WHAT?” Sarah asked me angrily as her sandwich uncurled from her hands.  I knew I was going to get this response from Sarah, but Cara looked more amused than horrified.  All three of us are sitting on a blanket eating a pleasant picnic on a perfect spring day for lunch.  We’re in the Centennial Park in Nashville only a few yards from the Parthenon where the only other people around were brides taking wedding photos with their soon-to-be husbands.

                “Chill, he just came up out of blue.  I had no warning whatsoever what he was going to do,” I told her.  “Believe me, I never saw myself as a phone sex person, but…I liked it,” Sarah literally spit out her drink that she was slurping down her throat.

                “You liked it?  Are you sure you are not interested in Harry whatsoever?” Sarah asked questionably.  “One day, you’re kissing him when he’s naked and then you guys pretend to have sex?”

                “We didn’t get that far.  Your brother barged in while we were talking dirty and I hung up because I panicked,” I admitted.

                “Then where had you gotten to?” Cara asked mortified, “Or should I just not ask?”

                “Are you really interested?” I asked them skeptically.  Cara seemed slightly interested while Sarah plugged up her ears. “I won’t go into much detail, but we were massaging each other in highly inappropriate places,” Sarah just rolled her eyes while Cara gasped.

                “I’m assuming a certain someone I’m sitting next to started that,” Sarah groaned sarcastically.

                “Unfortunately, yes, but then he added he was groping my boobs, and we were getting to spicy locations,” I confessed.

                “Strangely, I’m not surprised at all.  Harry always struck as a bit of a boob guy,” Sarah muttered, “And you are not allowed to tell me what you were imagining groping.  Just the thought of it sickens me,”

                “I won’t, trust me, it’s embarrassing,” I told her.  Sarah nodded her head.   

                “But why would he call you out of the blue during break?” Cara asked me.  “He doesn’t really call you all that much,”

                “He did over winter break, but that’s a very different story,” I assured them, “You know, I’m not sure.  He didn’t quite say anything except we were going on an erotic adventure,” Sarah audibly moaned and Cara furrowed her eyebrow.

                “You like him way too much, dear,” Sarah pointed out, “I think you should just date and get over this, ‘oh we’ll be never be together again,’ thing because clearly y’all are a couple.  Especially in his eyes,”

                “Well, he hasn’t brought it up recently.  I think he’s waiting for me to be ready before he does anything and I’m still making up my mind.  I will definitely consider it after Spring Sing,” I told them, “But that’s not the point, why did he call me last night?”

                “Was there anything unusual about the call that stuck out to you?” Cara asked for an icebreaker.

                “Well, I do recall some small bits during our conversation that did not sound like Harry,” I mentioned out loud.  “Like sentences coming out of someone else’s mouth,”