Tribes and Pirates

Zayn’s POV

                Today is my first real practice of learning the choreography after watching all my friends go through multiple practices already even though practice have only happened for two weeks.  Today, I’ll meet the director who is in charge of our feature.  I walk inside where we are meeting in the athletic center and I see most of the other beaus from the other clubs Theta Mu is teaming up with.

                Most of the guys I recognize, but I don’t know their names exactly.  I do know though who is representing each club because I’ve seen them wearing the jerseys of their clubs that beaued them.  I see the looks on their faces when they see me and I see some of them are apprehensive of me which is understandable since I’m sure I’m the only freshman here.

                The director turns around and I don’t recognize her, so I know she’s not from Theta Mu.  She must be from Sigma Tau Psi because she carries herself with a very perky manner and seems very enthusiastic about our practice.  “Hi, isn’t your name Zayn?” She asks me as I walk in.

                I stop walking when I get close to her. “Yeah, I’m the beau from Theta Mu,” I said proudly.

                “It’s nice to meet you.   My name’s Kaylin, but you can just call me Kay,” she said happily.  “I hope you’re doing good!”

                “Yeah, I’m looking forward to practice!” I said cheerfully.  Kaylin checked her watch.

                “Okay, I want to go on ahead and get started, so we can get out of here as fast as we can,” Kaylin said quietly, but strongly which got everyone’s attention.  Everyone turned to face her and I stepped back to be by the rest of the beaus here.  “Thank you,” She said sweetly, “I have a set list of who’s supposed to be here and what clubs are represented.  So I’m going to call your club and please everyone from that club raise your hands,” She coughed her throat, “My favorite club ever, Sigma Tau Psi!” Most of the guys here rose their hands.  There was only about 10 of us here and over half of them raised their hands at that. “Now, I have Lambda Beta Chi,” The other half minus me were know raising their hands.  They were three clubs who had the main involvement in our show and they were one club between my club and STP. “Lastly, Theta Mu!” I raised my hand as I feel the cold stares coming my way.

                I mentally remember all the douchebags that came before me as Theta Mu beaus who ruined the reputation of the true honor of being a Theta Mu beau.  Way to go lads.  “Now, that all of y’all are accounted for,” Kaylin started, “Let’s get started on our feature!  If you haven’t been attending any of the meetings beforehand, our show is based on a plane crash.  The show starts with the large part group being passengers all on a flight to LA to Sydney which goes smoothly until a freak thunderstorm sends it crashing down onto a remote Pacific island and that’s where we come in,”

                “We are the fourth number in the show after the song that details the passengers waking up on the island.  We will be dancing to Can’t Hold Us.  Fortunately, for y’all, we will be dancing to the one of the raps of the songs and a soloist is singing that, so y’all will never have a singing practice which is great news for you.  That means, once we get this learned, you will only have to come a few more times before show week to integrate your part with the rest of show and I believe you will come in for the final number.

                “That being said, this dance is very tricky,” Kaylin paused, “The dance we will be doing is part hip-hop part haka so there is several intricacies we have in performing this,” One of the guys rose up his hand. “Yes?” She asked him.