Chapter One: Routine

AUTHOR'S POV  

No one can see the dance floor...it's wall to wall with people from all walks of life dancing to the booming and rhythmic music. It's Friday night and the packed club is nothing short of lit. The DJ has played hit after hit and not a single person is showing signs of slowing down or taking a break. The atmosphere is too lively and the dancers are being transformed by the music. Flowing gracefully, limbs in constant motion...painting a picture that sound could never achieve. They bring spellbinding interpretation of the beats in a way that others will never understand. Their dancing isn't just simple movement. It's an honest as well as the purest form of communication. The floor is so packed that inevitably bodies bump together...but the friendliness of the atmosphere is as pure as the movement so the dancers don't take offense. They simply smile signaling that no harm was done and it's back to the dancing. Across the way, standing behind the bar, is none other than Larry Bourgeois. He's busy taking drink orders and whipping them up like the fast and efficient bartender by night he is while also keeping an eye out on the floor to see the brilliance among all the dancers. He's known to be quite the dancer himself around the beautiful city of love among many of his other talents so it's no surprise that several people have asked when he's coming from behind the bar and hitting the dance floor too. He merely flashes that sweet smile and replies with "soon". It makes him feel good that many people aspire to see him in that element...but there's a swarm of people at the bar looking to quench their thirst or eat a little something to refuel that he has to help...

Larry: *smile* "What can I get you"?

Club-goer: *smile* "Two genuine drafts and one order of hot wings". 

Larry: *smile* "Oki. That will be sixteen dollars please".

The energetic club goer retrieves some cash from his pocket even as he bops in place then hands the cash over to him. Larry makes a couple of steps over to place the cash in the register then bends down to retrieve two beers from the ice chest and sets them on the counter for him. He then turns around and heads for the window to call out in a semi-loud voice...

Larry: "Yo Eddie"?!

Eddie: "Yo"!

Larry: "I need one order of hot wings"!

Eddie: "I got you"! 

Larry goes back to his customer to inform him that his made-to-order wings will be ready soon then he goes to take the orders from other patrons that includes various drinks such as a "sex on the beach" and "a spider's kiss". Many of the club frequenters hold friendly conversations with their favorite bartender and like many others request to see him dance. When the crowd at the bar finally dies down he steps away and makes his way to the dance floor. His energy was already high as he watched the others...patiently yet eagerly waiting to get out there himself. But, now that he's walking to the center that energy increases. When the crowd sees him coming they instantly get hype and that only magnifies his energy. Now he's center stage and he doesn't waste a second getting into it. Right away he's going hard. His musicality is on point and naturally he's hitting his signature moves. He even throws in some seduction with his hypnotizing hip thrusts and swivels. In the midst he's making killer faces including the famous lower lip bite with his hat lowered over his eyes. He's knocking everyone's socks off and the louder the crowd cheers the harder he goes. Sweat began breaking his skin only two seconds in and now it's dripping...glistening...clearly visible even though the entire club is dim. The song eventually comes to an end and once he stops the crowd claps with several of them complimenting a job very well done. As he walks off he smiles and nods in appreciation while also giving a few buddies a pound. As he's walking tall and proud back over to the bar to make himself a drink he feels his phone go off. Already knowing who it is he smiles as he reaches in his pocket to pull it out. When he opens the text sure enough it's his love with a seductive message...