Chapter Sixteen: Shocking Secrets

AUTHOR'S POV 

The city of love has seen some really beautiful days lately...bright sunlight and gentle breezes. This morning is no different. The full clouds in the splendid blue sky are picturesque and there's also a sweet sound of birds chirping. The chirps are coming in bursts. The birds are calling to one another in the beautiful way they do, the songs coming from different trees along the avenue. Dani is inside the home she shares with her husband, sitting at the table in their breakfast nook observing this beautiful day as she takes sips of some freshly brewed coffee. A fluffy and lightly buttered croissant along with fresh cuts of melon and grapes are in front of her...only she doesn't have much of an appetite. It's been several days since she and Larry were at odds about him and Laurent. During this time Larry has called to apologize for snapping at her which she easily accepted...but things are still tense between them. They haven't talked nearly as much as they usually do and to say it's upsetting for her is an understatement. She will keep her promise and leave whatever he and Laurent are going through to them and just be there for support in anyway she can though she's still very much convinced that her gut feeling is right. She doesn't want it to be because not only is she afraid where their marriage could end up as a result but she's also the one that brought up the possibility of a tryst. Sure she also told Larry that she doesn't recommend it but on some level she still feels as though she would be partly responsible for a potential demise of their marriage. That, is difficult to think about it and as she sits there while looking out of the window she feels a soft pain in her heart. She softly exhales then raises her cup to bring to her lips when she hears the sound of her love...

Shawn: "Good morning beautiful". 

Dani: "Good morning my love". 

Shawn was on his way to the fridge to retrieve the orange juice to make himself a glass when he hears the soft tone in her voice that's also tinged with what he's sure is worry so his face softly scrunches in confusion as he walks over to her. Dani feels his presence next to her so she slowly turns her head to look up at him. With concern in his voice and love in his eyes he asks...

Shawn: "What's wrong"?

Dani: "I'm worried about Larry and Laurent". *soft sigh* "I didn't tell you this but when I went over there for lunch I noticed the way they were towards each other. Laurent was away for days and they didn't smile or anything at each other. Then Laurent left and he wasn't home for five minutes. All of it was strange so I asked Larry about it and it just went downhill from there". 

Shawn: "How did it go downhill"?

Dani: "I told him that my fear about their threesome tearing their marriage apart is happening and he got angry. He said they're fine so I apologized and told him that I wouldn't interfere again but...my gut feeling tells me I'm right". *pause* "Something happened. I know it". 

Given what Laurent confided in Shawn, naturally he can't respond to everything he heard. His eyes just lower to the floor and he's internally hoping his face isn't giving off that he knows anything...but he can't help but feel angry on the inside. He wishes he didn't know any of this and to now see his wife who loves Larry and Laurent very much so upset about it hurts him. Even if Laurent hadn't asked him not to tell her he still couldn't because if this how she feels at a gut feeling he can't imagine how she would feel if he were to confirm that feeling. He doesn't realize that it's been nearly a minute since he hasn't replied to Dani nor does he realize that she's looking at him with a confused look on her face...

Dani: "What is it sweetie? Why that face"?

Shawn: "Oh. It's nothing baby. I um, I was just thinking about what you said". *pause* "Listen let's just hope everything will be fine between them if they are having problems, ok"?