2 [✓]

Thump!

My heart just flipped and the eyesmile was enough to bring butterflies into my stomach.

Seulgi leaned in to my ear and whispered "You'll know" following with a melodic chuckle that anyone could fall head over heels for.

Screw this. Anyone in my position could have died.

After what seems like an endless conversation with whispers to each other the bell rang and it was now lunch time.

I pulled out my lunch box and my chopsticks, Seulgi slowly lowered her head unto the desk and when it hitted the solid table she sighed and closed her eyes.

Kang Seulgi's POV

Okay to be honest i'm starving. And i'm tired.

I laid my head on my desk and attempted to drift off to sleep to ignore the starving stomach. I was so close to deep slumber when a small finger poked my arm.

I held the small finger and opened my sleepy eyelids and recognized the girl's fingers "Eat" Irene said and i nodded and took the bite of the food that she brought up to my mouth. My stomach was screaming for more but i already practiced how to let my stomach at ease.

After three bites i opened my mouth to stop the feeding "Stop. That's enough, that's enough for me to protect you for a year before they'd believe that you're traumatized and gone." I said and was about to lay on my desk to sleep again but a finger held onto my chin and raised it to align me intently with her deep blue orbs.

(A/n: deep blue eyes~ woopsie! Back to the story)(Editor : Irene's eyes isn't even blue dork...)

"I insist. Eat some more Seulgi, please." Irene pleaded but i shaked my head in rejection.

Three bites of a glorious meal was enough.

"It's enough." I said and she frowned, she once again fed me and I can't help but open my mouth to avoid pissing the bunny off.

--

I sketched an illustration of Irene while the said girl was writing important notes on her notebook.

I finished the sketch with Irene's lips curved into a smile, i sighed contently and rested my chin on my palm, giving a small smile to the girl beside me who didn't notice the given smile.

I have to admit i'm under Irene's spell.

The bell for the last class finally rung and the shuffling of students and things was heard and some muffled 'thank you' and 'goodbye class' was heard.

I put my things on my black backpack and waited for Irene to finish with her own things, we were the only ones left in the classroom and i could see a familiar silhouette from afar and i assume it's one of the people of the mafia.

"Irene."

"Hm?"

"Put this on." I gave Irene my leather jacket, black mask and a black cap but Irene just stood there, confused "Look, someone's on the hunt for the witness and it's you. Now go and put this on I'll be here, i won't leave you." I said and she nodded "Like how they abandoned me and tortured me." I mumbled and looked at the fully masked Irene in front of me. I took my hair tie from my hair and stood behind Irene to give her hair a ponytail to confuse the hunters.

I led the way with her hands intertwined with mine, fitting perfectly. I scanned the surroundings around us while walking and let the cold air breeze to my hair.

We reached the same alley where my grandfather was killed and it was still there. We passed by it but unluckily, one of it's men recognized me.

"Hey brat!"

"Irene run. Go home. I'll be fine. Now go." I ordered to the bunny beside me and she looked at me worriedly "Promise me that you'll be fine?" She asked her pout showing on her perfect lips that almost made me forget the incoming men behind my back "I promise, now. Go." She nodded and ran as fast as she could until her figure disappeared.

The gang ran after me and that was my cue to climb up a rooftop.

I passed alleyways with the gang still on my back but i luckily found a ladder and climbed on it. Luck was on my side, there was some bricks by the side.

The gang of men was still on the ladder climbing up to me, i immediately reacted and picked up a brick and let it fall freely to the man's head knocking him unconscious, his body falling to the men beneath him.

I smirked and saw a pocketknife near by me.

Where did all this luck come from? Thank goodness.

I grabbed the pocketknife and started jumping on the roofs of the buildings. I saw a familiar figure beneath me she was about to enter her house but shit happened.

I got punched by the man behind me and pushed me off the ledge, my body falling from the not-so-high-building-but-can-break-bones-if-you-fall.

I fell and embraced myself for the impact to hit and luck suddenly dispersed.

My arm hitted a fucking pole on the fall.

I groaned loudly in pain and then i fell unto piles of garbage bags, pain wrapping my entire body.

And another luck suddenly appeared, i didn't break any limbs except the arm that had hit the pole and broke a few bones on my arm and dislocated some of my fingers.

"Wow, luck did really save my ass." I growled lowly and stood up, a bleeding mess in sight. It seems like i murdered someone but it's actually the opposite.

A flashlight was flashed in front of me, squinting my eyes in brightness i recognized the holder of the flashlight.

"Seulgi!" Irene's soft voice called out to me but i turned to walk away to the direction of my unit, a hand grabbed my wrist.

"No. Please. Let me help you with your wounds. And i'll feed you, i know you're starving." She suggested and i felt my tongue got pulled to my stomach and nervousness kicked in.

"I can't Irene. I know there's many eyes watching me. It's better if you just go inside like you don't know me." I pleaded and she sighed in defeat, turning around with her sister walking back to the house she gave me one worried glance and went inside.

A/n: i just posted the new story and there was an immediate vote i got stunned. That was like the most genuine smile i had for years.

Thank you!

Have a good day~❤️

Editor : If the chapter has checks , it means I'm done editing them