The Gryffindor Party

October 15, 1975

FRANK: Let's hear it for the FIRST GRYFFINDOR VICTORY!

In the Gryffindor common room later that night, the entire House is in celebration of their Quidditch win. Loud music is played throughout the room and the furniture has been pushed off to the side. The portrait hole opens up, and SIRIUS and MARLENE enter, clutching handfuls of food.

SIRIUS: We're back from the kitchens- those house elves give us more and more every time, they should get a raise.

MARLENE: The house elves don't get paid, genius.

SIRIUS: (opening up a Chocolate Frog) Well, they should.

By the window, JAMES looks out onto the moonlit grounds.

LILY: (approaching him) Not in the celebratory mood?

JAMES: No, I am. I just have a lot on my mind.

LILY: Well, you played a pretty impressive game today. Best to give yourself a break every now and then.

JAMES: I suppose. How's your year going so far?

LILY: Pretty well. Prefect duties aren't too bad, homework's piling up but I'll get through it eventually-

JAMES: (running his hand through his hair and smiling) Yeah, I hear you. You still friends with Snape?

LILY: (slightly surprised) Oh, well- yeah. Are you still enemies?

JAMES: I just stay out of his way, as of late.

LILY: Well, that's for the best, I suppose. Quietness and humility show a more attractive side of you, James Potter.

SIRIUS and MARLENE walk over to them, each clutching a glass of butterbeer.

MARLENE: You two need to start drinking.

SIRIUS: Immediately.

LILY: Pardon me. We do have several essays due on Monday, may I remind you-

MARLENE: Oh, quit being such a nerd. Drink!

LILY: Fine. (she takes the cup and finishes it in one sip).

MARLENE: Holy Merlin.

LILY: Prefects can have fun, too. Fill her up again. (She hands the empty cup to MARLENE).

JAMES: Where's Remus?

SIRIUS: Asleep. You know what time of the month it is.

JAMES: Oh, damn, was that-?

SIRIUS: Last night, yeah.

JAMES: Damn. We really need to finish this with McGonagall, soon.

SIRIUS We will. Don't worry.

LILY: What are you two talking about?

SIRIUS: Nothing. Let's hit the dance floor, come on!

Together, JAMES, SIRIUS, LILY, and MARLENE all step into the center of the room, dancing awkwardly to the music and laughing hysterically. ALICE raises her wand and causes the lights to turn neon, sparking applause from the crowd.

FRANK: Nice touch, Head Girl.

ALICE: You weren't too bad yourself earlier today, Head Boy.

FRANK and ALICE kiss once more, before the portrait hole opens again and MINERVA enters, wearing a tartan dressing gown and looking annoyed.

MINERVA: As happy as I am that Gryffindor won, it is two o'clock in the morning and even the Fat Lady has started to complain! Off to bed, the lot of you!