A Gryffindor Christmas

December 25, 1975

In the Gryffindor common room on the evening of Christmas Day, several students who stayed for the holidays are gathered around the firelit room, including LILY, MARLENE, and MARY.

MARLENE: Hot tea?

LILY: Oh, yes. Thanks.

MARLENE hands LILY a cup of tea and sits down in the armchair next to her.

MARLENE: Get anything good this year?

LILY: A few things. Some stuff from home- and your hair potion was just what I needed.

MARLENE: (smiling) I knew you'd like it.

MARY: (joining them) Nothing to brag about for me. My parents sent me an academic planner. As if I'm ever going to use that.

LILY: It could probably benefit you, MacDonald.

MARY: (laughing) Yeah, yeah.

The portrait hole opens, and ALICE and FRANK enter.

ALICE: Did you talk to McGonagall today?

FRANK: Yeah, she said the tutoring sessions were good in the Transfiguration room for Wednesday evenings.

ALICE: Okay, that'll take care of that problem, I suppose.

LILY: Good evening, Head Boy and Girl. Good holiday so far?

ALICE: Oh, yes. It's very quiet and peaceful. Just what I like.

FRANK: And on that happy note, I'm off to bed.

ALICE: Me, too. Good night, darling. (She and FRANK kiss before they retreat to their respective dormitories).

MARLENE: (in awe) Those two are going to have the most adorable children.

MARY: You're so weird.

MARLENE: What? They will!

LILY: Anyway. Where are the gentlemen this evening?

MARLENE: Not sure. I think they went out for a snowball fight a couple hours ago.

LILY: A snowball fight?

MARY: Wonder who's going to win that.

The three girls laugh and magically pour themselves another cup of tea.