Part 2

Chapter 2

DIMITRI

We all piled into the private black SUV that belonged to the academy. I watched Rosemarie and Vasilisa carefully, scrutinising their every movement and word. How is it possible that they are bound together? Nothing like this has happened in centuries. The mystery behind the bond will always remain a mystery that is until someone figures it out. No one really knows how a bond is formed or what happens to the people being bound together. The ancient tales say that the people being bound together face a series of insurmountable events and only the greatest can overcome them.

Now I understand why they say only the greatest Guardians can have a bond. It's understandable because it helps them protect their Moroi better but why would the bond occur to Rosemarie? She isn't a Guardian or very skilled either, though with the right training she could easily be an advanced Guardian, better than most too. There must be a greater truth behind the bond that no one has discovered yet and I will need to find out what caused the bond; otherwise the Princess will always be in danger

* * * * * *

As we arrived at the private airport, we got out of the van and started to head towards the private plane that the academy owned. With the academy being a private Vampire school, it owned quite a large amount of money.

While everyone was getting ready to board, I couldn't help but notice Rosemarie and Vasilisa huddled together whispering about something that was to them, too secret. They looked back every now and then making sure no one was listening on them. Rosemarie especially was extra cautious as she stood in an alert stance. I wasn't hundred percent sure what the girls were saying but I was guessing it was another escape plan.

Although I knew that they wouldn't be able to get away from my group of professional Guardians, I still didn't take any chances. They had the potential to be able to escape, because after all, they did manage to escape from a well guided private school. How they managed it is still a mystery to us all. Rosemarie looked unpredictable, who knows what she's capable of?

"Don't let them talk to each other," I told the Guardians escorting them, "Five minutes together and they will come up with some brilliant plan to escape." With that, Rosemarie turned back and glared, her beautiful round, brown eyes full of fury and wild fire. She reminds me so much of my sister Viktoria. Viktoria too if didn't get her way, always glared at me with the same fury and fire. The girl had issues. God if she knew I even said that she would bite my head off. Good thing she isn't here, I probably would have been dead by now protecting her and trying to stop her from sneaking out of her room after curfew. I had to admit though, I missed her.

While Lucas, one of my best mate and Guardian escorted Rosemarie to the back of the private jet, I sat at the front beside Princess Vasilisa. Protecting her was my number one priority and like the motto says: They come first.

Although there wasn't a chance of Strigoi attacking, I still had to look after the Princess. I kept making small talk with her trying to make the atmosphere light and comfortable. I couldn't afford having her feeling uncomfortable. I also needed her to put her trust in me if I was going to become her future Guardian.

"How was the vacation for you Princess Dragomir?" I asked her.

"Don't call me that," she politely said.

"Oh, sorry Princess," I apologised.

"Just call me Lissa okay?" she said in a polite princess tone.

"Anything you want,"

I replied.

"And to answer your question, yes I had fun,"