Part 32

Chapter 32

CHRISTIAN

I awoke to a pounding head. I wasn't quite sure what had just occurred or where I really was. I stood up and looked around the room to see I was in the chapel. I tried to recall the last memories I had before I had blacked out. Lissa, what had happened to her? I knew she had previously been in this room with me. She was no longer here though which got me alert. Something had happened to her, I just knew it.

I sprinted out of the room. I had to go find Kirova. She had to be aware that the last Dragomir in line was missing once again. I came across Dr Olendzki and his guardian who instantly rushed up to me as if I were an injured child. They scanned me, trying to wipe the blood on my wounds. They were slowing me down, I had to move. I couldn't move though, every inch of me was hurting. Did a blow to the head really do that much damage?

"We can't stop, we have to go see Kirova. Something bad has happened to Lissa," I explained to them. With that, the guardian came to my side and assisted me to Kirova's office where Rose and Guardian Belikov already were.

"I saw Lissa being taken away," Rose tried to explain but she was dismissed.

"How many Strigoi were there?" An unfamiliar guardian inquired.

"Wh-? There weren't any Strigoi," Rose said in outrage. I knew she was speaking the truth but I didn't think they believed her. She had just caused a havoc not too long ago, of course everyone would still be cautious of her.

"Who else could have taken her? You must have seen it wrong through your vision," Ms Kirova accused her. This was getting ridiculous, we were wasting the time that we could have spent to save Lissa. 

"No, I'm positive. They were guardians," Rose explained. Everyone scoffed at her accusation but I knew she was right and I was going to back her up.

"It's true, I was there when it happened," I hesitantly stepped forward and said. Everyone's attention was on me. I looked towards Rose who had a look of guilt plastered all over her face. Yeah, you better be feeling guilty, I thought to myself. No one believed her as they all continued to call her out on how impossible that situation was. Rose continued to explain how they had not been school guardians.

"You're saying a group of privately retained guardians came and kidnapped her?"  Kirova snorted. This was wasting valuable time and it was really annoying me.

"Yes they..." Rose began but immediately stopped as she went into a daze. She stared at nothing in particular, her expression blank. It was as if she were no longer in the room with us. I looked around and I could see everyone waiting patiently for her. I guess this must be something that occurs with the bond.

"They work for Victor Dashkov, they're his," she gasped out after a while.

"Prince Victor Dashkov?" a guardian snorted.

"Please, they're getting so far away. They're already on Eighty-three headed south," Rose informed as she went into her daze again and returned.

"Eighty-three? Why did it take you so long to report it back to us?" Kirova questioned Guardian Belikov. Rose and him exchanged a look. Something was going on with those two.

"Victor put a certain charm in the necklace he had given to Rose, it made her attack me," he explained. I don't know how true that was but I wasn't about to question it, all I cared about at the moment was finding Lissa and returning her back safely. Headmistress Kirova scrutinised the two for a while making me feel impatient and uneasy. Didn't she know that was wasting time? I didn't really care about the story I knew Rose and Dimitri were making up. Maybe it was true to some extent but right now all that mattered was finding Lissa and returning her back safely.

"Compulsion that strong cannot be used," one of the guardians stated. This was getting too frustrating, I didn't care about what Rose and Dimitri were doing; I just wanted to find Lissa.

"Can we not stand around here and argue? They're already getting so far away. We need to save Lissa!" I frustratingly said. Everyone turned their gaze towards me, shocked to hear me yell out. They also looked surprised as if my presence was never acknowledged. Ghee thanks everyone.

It was a wake up call though, everyone began to rush around and prepare to leave. Finally, it was about darn time. I prepared to go with them but I was stopped.

"Not you, stay and get treated," a guardian instructed. I was annoyed, I wanted to go with them. Rose was allowed to go because she had the bond with Lissa which was able to direct them on where to go. I didn't put up a fight though, I had a plan as to how I'd be able to go with them.

I walked away from the group that was frantically rushing about. I took a different route and hid in the boot of one of the SUVs. No one is going to stop me from rescuing Lissa.

                                                      ******************

A/N: I'd like to apologise for the delay. I am really sorry it has taken me this long to upload. I'd like to thank everyone who has stuck by this fanfiction despite the massive delays in updates. Only two more chapters left and I've already written one of them. Hopefully I'll be updating very soon.

~ Bertha99