Part 4

Chapter 4

CHRISTIAN

Waking up was something I hated doing. It's not because I'm lazy, it's because every

day I would be reminded that no one accepted me. Every day I would be reminded of my terrible past. Everyday I would be reminded of the person that everyone was expecting me to turn into. And everyday I was reminded that I was alone and will die that way. So you see? There's really no point in waking up every morning. There's no point of being early to class or even setting foot in the cafeteria.

Despite all those good reasons of why I shouldn't have woken up at that moment, I still did. I wasn't going to give up. I wasn't going to let them win, and I was certainly not going to let my past get to me. Just because my parents turned Strigoi does not mean that I will as well. It was their choice, they made it and just because I happened to be their son, doesn't mean that I will follow in their footsteps. It's not every kid that ends up being like their parents you know and I'm going to prove that. Every day I will wake up and attend class, every day I will wake up and hang around the commons like what normal students do. Every Sundays I will attend church and every day I will go to my special place and think.

Getting up, I walked to the bathroom and took a long, warm and soothing shower. I needed to relax and leave all my worries here. It wasn't easy but what could I do? I was the unfortunate kid. The geek born with no friends. Calling myself a geek was an exaggeration. Even geeks these days have more friends than me.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As I walked down the commons, I could make out the sound of whispering. I looked to the side and noticed a few Moroi huddled together whispering and casting their eyes in my direction. As I made eye contact with one of them, they immediately stopped talking and started looking worried.

"Hey guys," I said as I walked towards them. I was doing this because I wanted them to know that what they were saying wasn't getting to me; I was also doing it for the fun. These Moroi were scared and it's been some time since I've had my fun.

"So what are we whispering about?" I questioned. "N- n-nothing," a Moroi managed to stumble out.

"So I was thinking," I started with a devious smirk, "Since you guys are my friends and all, you should be the first people I kill. You know so that you don't feel betrayed for choosing some royal over you." They gaped at me and started running away. "What?! What did I say? I thought we were being nice to each other," I shouted after them, laughing. It was clear that these people thought

I was going to stick my fangs into their necks and drain the life out of them. Pfft! Like I would waste my time and energy drinking blood from someone who spent too much time butting their noses into everyone's business instead of their own.

As I walked into the commons, I could see a group of guardians. I spotted the rumored soon to be Princess Vasilisa Dragomir's guardian, Dimitri Belikov. He looked pretty bad ass and looked like was ready to stake anyone who dare attack him. As I neared the cafeteria, I couldn't enter as they were practically blocking the entrance.

"Excuse me," I politely said to the tall and slim blonde standing in the middle of the entrance. She looked behind her and as her head span around, it felt like everything was going in slow motion. I wasn't going to lie, she was beautiful and those jade green eyes just made her look even more fantastic. She smiled at me and spoke but I couldn't make out the words.

As I saw Guardian Belikov look at me with that fierce look, I immediately shook myself from the daze and realised that the girl I was just checking out was Vasilisa Dragomir.

++

++

++

++

++

++

++

++

Hey guys,

So I would just like to thank everyone who has been reading my fan fiction, liking it and giving me feedbacks. I appreciation all of it and 639 reads is just insane. I wasn't really expecting this many reads so thank you guys so much. I'm sorry this chapter is really short and it's taken me this long to update. My iphone got smashed therefore, I had to redo this chapter as it was not yet saved. Thank you again to everyone who's been reading. I would really appreciate it though if everyone was voting, it would mean you're liking the story and it would give me a reason to continue writing. I would aslo appreciate the feedbacks. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm sorry for the long author's note.

Laters~ Bertha 99