Part 8

Chapter 8
DIMITRI

{2 days after Christian and Lissa's encounter}

I walked through the hallways of the guardian dorms, I was coming back from vasilisa's dorm. A day ago, someone had planted a dead fox as their way of entertainment in Vasilisa's room. Vasilisa had been given a massive shock and she has been restless ever since.

"Guardian Belikov!" I heard someone shout my name. I turned around to see one of the school janitors running behind me. I stopped walking, as he caught up.

"Guardian Belikov," he called again. He caught up to me completely out of breath. He panted heavily and I waited patiently for him.

"God, how do you people do this shit!" He exclaimed. I knew what he was referring to, the physical activity he had just done. Janitors here do not need to exercise, most decide to, others don't. I cleared my throat to get him out of his haze. That seemed to work.

"How may I help?" I asked as friendly as I could. This man standing before me may be a janitor,  but he is also still a human being (well, not technically.) Just because I am a guardian does not mean I should treat him with no respect.

"I saw two teenage novices sneaking around near the lounge room," he replied. I didn't see why the janitor would be approaching me about this. Yes I am a guardian but this does not mean I have to always step in when teenagers are just being teenagers.

"It was master Zeklos with that Hathaway girl," he said when he saw my disinterest. As soon as I heard him mention Rose though, my mind immediately went out of control. All I could think about was what was going to occur if something wasn't done.

"Thank you for the report," I said to the janitor as I began to make my way  towards the lounge room. I do not know why I was so furious and enraged about the situation. I mean, Rose is allowed to do as she pleases, so why was I so mad about her wanting to fool around and be a teenager? Soon she will become a guardian and won't be able to do any activities that teenagers paticipate in. I should let her have her fun. I should turn around and forget I ever heard about this, but I can't.  Something in me just wouldn't allow me.

In the tangle of mess, I somehow found myself having flashbacks of my life at the age of 11. I remembered how my father would abuse my mother and use her for his own sexual purposes. I remembered the first time I ever got myself into a conflict with anyone besides my sisters (they were always friendly fights.) Sighing, I shook my head and decided to go with my instinct.

As I approached the lounge room, I looked around looking for a room or door that led to where Rose was. I finally found an old, dusty door. I went to open it but found it was locked. I forcefully kicked it open and was shocked to see the image that was in front of me.

[A/N: I'm going to continue this part in the next Dimitri chapter. I just thought it was going to get too long and boring if I was to continue.]