Chapter 2

"Things sure are quite around here." My blonde haired genin said with a friend. I could agree.

"With Hailey and Sasuke gone it's just a duo team." He added. "It is different, but you have improved greatly. That training with Jiraya did you wonders."

"Still I wish we were able to be a team one more time." He looked towards the ground. What had team seven come to.

"How about some Ramen?" I asked the nine tails jinjuriki. His faceit up with excitement. "As long as you pay, Kakashi."

"Race you." I said and started pushing my way through the crowd. Naruto was hot on my trail. I bolted, not looking back. I rounded the corner to see a hooded figure being escorted by an ANBU, weird. I dashed for the ramen shop and pushed behind the cloth to walk in.

Inside Naruto was already getting started on his first bowl of ramen. I chuckled and sat down next to him.

He had a point, the smartass comments. All the random jokes she had made, made her somewhat missable.

I settled in my seat then pulled out the new book Naruto had given to me. Speaking of which, we had our bell test coming up. He isn't a kid anymore, guess that means no reading.

My session was cut short by an ANBU speaking up. "Lady Tsunade is requesting your presence."

"Yes sir." Naruto said as he downed his last bowl of ramen. I placed money on the counter, hopefully enough to cover it all.

"You ready?" I looked towards the blonde shinobi. "Believe it!"

I nodded as we made our way to the hokages tower. I knocked on the door, waiting for the authority to enter.

"Come in!" I pushed the door open and saw a hooded figure standing there. I raised an eyebrow towards Tsunade, who only shrugged with a smirk.

"You may introduce yourself." Tsunade said to the figure who nodded in response. She slowly lowered the hood of her cloak. I noticed that the hair that framed her face was purple. As her hood got lower, I noticed her eyes were also purple. She looks alot like her, no I must be imagining things. She hasn't come back in almost three years, I dought today is any different.

My thoughts were interrupted when the figure and Naruto hugged. "Long time no see, ay, Kakashi, Naruto."

"Is that really you?" I asked, this seemed to be happening too fast. "Just because I am older doesn't mean I am a different person."

She wasn't wrong, she has matured along with Naruto. Hailey was still shorter than Naruto, it doesn't look like she got much taller. Her leg was in a brace. The most drastic change had to be her hair, it was now light purple from the roots to her shoulders where it started to fade into a darker purple. It went down to her mid thighs.

"Hailey will now be joining your team, along with the survival exam." She smirked a little, as if recalling the last survival test. God they are going to be quite the handful this time around.

"When is the test?" She asked and looked towards me. I want to read the book Naruto had given me. "About an hour from now."

~~~

"About an hour from now." With that he disappeared out the window. "Stupid sensei just wants to read the book I gave him."

I smiled, I knew exactly how we were going to get those bells. "Do you know how that bookends, Naruto?"

"Yes, why?" A mischievous smile seemed to play across both our faces as he realized what I was up to. "You know why."

I scanned the room before realizing something was off, Uchiha wasn't here. Before I could ask what happened, Naruto left, saying something about doing some extra training before the exam.

I left the tower without looking back. Sure is going to take some getting used to, new hokage, Naruto towers over me. Kakashi seems the same as before, nothing new. I felt completely drained, as if all the chakra inside of me is depleted.

I walked the streets, a couple people waved, others seemed in shock. I can't blame them, I was gone for nearly three years. I walked into my apartment, everything being as I left it.

I opened the door to the bedroom and saw my framed pictures. One of which was our team picture. I was in the middle smiling my heart out, Naruto and Uchiha were next to me. Blondie was showing off his goofy grin, while Uchiha was glaring into the camera. Then there was Kakashi who just like he didn't want to be there.

I glanced at a couple other pictures, none of them catching my eye like the first one did. I plopped down onto the bed, which let a cloud of dust puff out of it.

I sat there staring up towards the ceiling. I did notice that by the window was a vase, purple might I add. However I don't remember putting it there, and I remember everything. In the vase was a lilac.

It was about a week old, who has been in my apartment? I walked over to it, my eyes flashing brown as I sprouted the little lilac into a much bigger one. That's when I spotted a piece of paper, at least a year old sitting under the plant.

I picked it up and unfolded it carefully, as if it was a piece of glass. I paused it mid fold when I heard a knock at the door. I placed down the paper and ran to the door.

I opened it with a smile to see Naruto standing there with that goofy grin. "I never realized how short you were."

I shot him a glare, telling him to shut up, which he gladly did. "You ready?"

I nodded and grabbed my scythe, with a swift motion it was on my back. I locked the door and started walking alongside Naruto. I finally could ask him about Uchiha.

"Where is Uchiha?" I asked with a smile, hoping we could get him on the way to the training grounds.

Naruto stopped moving and looked at the ground, I immediately knew something was wrong.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't stop him from leaving." In the span of seconds it had seemed that my entire world had came crashing down.