Chapter 20

The smell of blood filled my senses. My nose scrunched, I always hated the metallic smell of the crimson red blood. I crept into the base, concealing my presence as I went.

I wasn't set to return until later in the day. I would just say I finished early. I made my way through the dusty hallways, eventually coming across my equally as dirty room. I let my equipment fall to the floor. I opened the bathroom door, slowly I unbuckled my brace.

I started the water, getting in was always the worst part. I let the water warm up,before changing the wind to lift me up. Lowering myself in I let the warm water hit my sore body. 

My marathon running thoughts subsided as I closed my eyes. I took in the placement of everybody in the base. This was one of the more inclusive bases, at the time only Orochimaru, Kabuto, Uchiha, and I were here. Our next move is in a few days. From what I know  this new base is quite close to the leaf. 

After about an hour of soaking and thinking I decided to get out. I flinched as I tried to move my leg. I had very slow movements in it, but they come with the hefty price of searing pain. I maneuvered my way out and threw on my tank top, undergarments and a pain or short shorts. 

Putting on the brace would be a struggle, it always is. I used the air currents to help me out of the small bathroom and onto the hard bed. I was snapped out of my struggle by a knock at the door. I sniffed the blood soaked air, the scent of sweat filled my nose. It was Uchiha. 

"What do you want?" I called from the bed I was seated on. The only response to my question was the door being opened, Uchiha walking in. "I never said you could come in."

"I never asked." Was his snarky response, talking as if he was higher than me. He's been off lately, taking more missions and avoiding me. "What do you want." 

"What if I wanted nothing?" He was answering questions with a question, what is going on with him. "Then you wouldn't be here, you never come without a reason."

He kept coming closer and closer, my heart was beating at an abnormal rate. What was he trying to get at, he obviously came here for something. I was absent mindedly reaching for a kunai that was under my pillow, only hoping he wouldn't notice.

As I almost had it in my grip, his hand pulled my over my head, pushing my down in the process. "There's no need for that."  

I felt heat rise to my cheeks, what was this feeling. I saw his smirk widen as he leaned down and whispered in my ear. "Want some help with your leg." 

I rolled my eyes and tried to sit up, only to be pushed back down by Uchiha. He grabbed the brace and lifted my leg so he could slide it under it. I stifled a laugh as he tried to figure out where to start. 

"Start at the top, near my thigh, buckle the metal straps, the material ones go after." I explained as he was intently focused on trying to figure this contraption out. 

He did as I said, pulling the brace tight, I flinched as he did so. He muttered a low apology and loosened it. He made it down to my knee, it was slightly more complicated than the last. "Cross over both metal, loop the other one through, take the material and cover the knee." 

Sasuke did his best, but the knee part I ended up doing, he somehow managed to cut me with the metal. Which I healed quickly. "The lower is the same as the top." 

I watched in amusement as he finished the metal and moved to the cloth outer lining. "Now tell me why you're really here." 

My voice was cold and stern, he has to answer no way around it. He seemed to drop his smirk, looking at the floor. "I'm going to kill Orochimaru, and leave this place to kill Itachi. However I'm gonna need some back up." 

"How many people we talking?" I asked, he suddenly peaked my interest, has he finally realized that Orochimaru is only using him. "Five in total, including us." 

"How do you plan on killing him, he has very few weak spots if any." I asked, my eyes showing excitement. The thought of killing the no good bastard was a thought I had only ever dreamed of. "Exactly, he's getting weaker by the day, he is going to need to change bodies soon."

"So you're planning on attacking soon?" I asked looking into his onyx eyes. "Yes, the first team membre is in the next base were moving too."

"So you plan on attacking when we get there." I confirmed, assuming I was close to the plan. "Maybe a day or so after, but otherwise yes." 

"Suigetsu, Karin, and Jugo are the people I have planned to ask." He said, my eyes widened in shock. "I understand Karin, being a on spot healer, seeing as I require time. Jugo is the first curse mark holder, and can be impossible to handel."

"Yes but he has a way with the nature around him, giving us an upper edge there." He explained as he sat on the edge of the bed. "Suigetsu can turn to water, but that's literally it what will he bring." I questioned in a confused tone. 

"He can be used as a decoy." I didn't see why his presence was necessary, but I didn't feel like asking anything else. "Last thing, you in?" 

"Seeing as I know the entirety of the plan and you'll kill me if I don't. Which, by the way isn't possible I am legit the best in the fairy world and could probably kill you if I really wanted to. Sooooo," I dragged on rambling a little longer before ending with a, "I'm in."