Chapter 8

The walk back was quite uneventful. Guy ended up carrying  Kakashi most of the way back, due to his overuse of the sharingan.

I walked with Naruto and talked about Ramen. The goodbye to the sand village was a strong one. Naruto and Gaaras goodbye was probably the cutest thing anyone has ever seen and that was it. We were heading back to the leaf to report to the Hokage.

I sighed as we parted ways. Guy said he would handle the report and for us to take some time off.

"So do you want to go get some Ramen? I tried every place in the leaf village and some others too. But nothing beats Ichiraku Ramen, believe it!" I smiled in his direction. "Of course."

"Than what are we waiting for. Let's go!" Out of seemingly nowhere to giant ass tiger things came towards us. "Naruto watch out!"

We both jumped out of the way. "Choji! Shikamaru!"

I looked to see who Naruto had yelled too. It was pineapple boy and his teammate. "Not bad timing."

"Hey Naruto! I didn't know you were back. Whos this?" The one I assume is Choji called. Then I remembered I was wearing a hood. Before I had time to answer snakes came shooting towards us. However when I stabbed one with a scythe it turned to a liquid.

"Now not the time. This is a caster, the real body has to be somewhere around here." They all nodded. Not soon enough a boy that was pale as ice and wearing a gray crop top, landed on the nearby roof.

Me and Naruto rushed towards him, my scythe weilded. Naruto had a blue sphere, what was it called. Oh! The rasanegan.

As we were about to hit the person, he disappeared leaving behind the substance. That's when me and Naruto looked at each other. When are eyes made contact we started to roll over laughing. Little did I know in my fit if laughter my hood came down. "Hailey?"

I looked up to Shikamaru, who I assumed said my name. "Hey pineapple head..."

An uncomfortable silence seemed to sink in. Each second growing more eerie by the seconds. "First I don't know Naruto was back, now you're back. I am just overwhelmed to say the least."

"Surprise?" I question as he smiled and pulled me and Naruto into a soft hug. Man does everyone here love hugging. "So churning?"

"You called it, I was promoted after the attack." I cooked my head to the side, what exactly does he mean. "Attack?"

"Oh,ummmm Orochimaru attacked the village two weeks after the mission to your world." That happened, what happened to the entire leaf? "May I ask what happened to lord third?"

"Orochimaru... Took his life." The one called Choji said. Naruto's head was held low. "But on the bright side, Naruto, and Uchiha took down Gaara."

"That's something to be proud of." I playfully hit Naruto's shoulder. That seemed to lighten the mood as he smiled. "That wasn't it either. You should of seen the HUGE frog I summoned."

"You can summon frogs?" His smile only grew as he nodded. "You bet I can!"

"Great." I rolled my eyes as I smelled a signature coming towards us. As the scent approached I pushed Naruto behind me, and in seconds I had my scythe armed.

"Relax, just an Anbu." The said Anbu assured. I lowered my weapon and smiled. I looked over to Shikamaru who looked amazed by my speed. "Lady Tsunades has requested your presence."

"Which one of us?" I questioned, not breaking my eye contact with his mask. "The remaining team 7."

This time I completely lowered my weapon, in one swift movement it was back on my back. "Let's go Naruto."

 "Race you!" I let him get a good five minutes ahead of me. Shikamaru was confused and looked at me. "Are you going to go?"

"He could never beat me." I smiled as I took off at top speed. I passed Naruto and stuck my tongue out. I jumped through the Kages window and watched Naruto run the rest of the way.

"Hailey?" I whipped my head around, forgetting about Tsunade's being present. "Hey Tsunade, what up."

"Where is Naruto?" She asked, I sheepishly rubbed the back of my head and smiled. "Well you see, he's currently on his way."

On cue Naruto bested through the door. "I call a rematch!"

That's when I noticed, a pale guy with black hair leaning against a wall. I immediately swung my leg st him. Sufficiently hitting the side of his stomach. "Granny this guy attacked us!"

"I just wanted to see how strong my team was." He said, however something was off. He showed no emotion as he spoke. "Hold the fucking lacrima! He said his team. If I remember there was no white boy on our team."

"Yes, teams consist of four people. So we needed an extra for Sasuke's spot." I heard Naruto scowled slightly. "Nobody can fill in for Sasuke."

I silently agreed with a nod. "Whatever, however Sasuke is a rogue ninja. Most countries want him dead."

"And what the hell do you know about him? How many times have you actually spoken to him!" I yelled, her speaking so low of Uchiha seemed to piss me off. "I didn't know him very personally, however I tried my damn best to bring him back. He refused, have you ever thought that maybe he doesn't want to come back."

"You didn't know him like Naruto and I did. And apparently your attempt to bring him back wasn't good enough. I can swear on my life that Naruto and I can, no will, bring him back!" I blew my fuse at this point. Getting me mad is one thing, however pissing me off is like the start of another Tartaros. I think that Naruto noticed and stepped in. "Wheres Kakashi during all this?"

"That was my next point. Due to his most recent use of the sharingan, Kakashi is on be rest until further notice." She waved her hand and the Anbu from earlier emerged from the shadows. "This is your new squad leader."