Chapter 30

Throwing on a quick smile towards the kid I spoke, "He's on a mission away from the village right now, but don't worry he'll be fine."

"Oh, okay well we have more work to do here we'll see you around!" I waved as the kid and Tazuna walked off to help rebuild the once called village.

"Why so down? Lighten up there is so much to be done around here." I smile playfully towards the blonde haired shinobi. "Are you leaving again?"

I stayed silent, my once peaceful smile fading from my face. Would I go back now that the overall mission was done? If the council is mad at me, wouldn't it make sense just to go back there? After all I do have duties to uphold there and they are somewhat important. All the questions ran through my head, conflicting myself on the thing to do.

What would I do now?

"I don't know." The silence settling over was an awkward one, no one daring to talk after my statement. "Logically my head can form a solution, but my heart can't seem to pick one."

I felt a small hand on my shoulder, Wendy was looking over at me with a small smile. I knew she wanted me to go back to Magnolia and stay there, out of everyone I know no matter what I choose she will undoubtedly support my decision. "I need to think it over."

I brushed her hand off my shoulder and walked away from the not talkative group. I had no idea where I was going, but my feet just kept on walking. The village was bursting with life, even after a devastation they were doing the best to regain the peace. Guess the leaf and Magnolia have there will in common.

I made my way out of the village, just hoping to be by myself for awhile. What would I do? I came across a small quiet river, I took off my black combat boots, and placed my feet in the cold rushing water.

It was only now that I had really took in what I was wearing. My once cloak was no longer in its rightful place around my neck, in fact I didn't have my cloak or hood at all. I had a lilac tank top on, with black shorts that clung to my body like a second skin. My hair was still in two tight braids and reached my thighs. It was messy from the fighting and my top was slightly tattered.

I took the scythes holder off my back and unstrapped it from my legs that kept it secure. I lowered my body lower into the water, making sure not to get my long lilac hair wet. I was about thigh deep in the cooling water. I can sense all the fish swimming passed me, the sound of insects buzzing in the air. The smell of fresh grass laced with leftover morning dew.

However the serene scenery could not calm my rushing thoughts. Pros and cons scattered my brain, like I was running a marathon. If I went back to Magnolia I would undoubtedly be scolded by the council, the Fairies would be happy to see me however.

If I went back to join Sasuke I would have to leave the village again, could I do that to Naruto? Of course I could, but how would everyone around me react? They know I never really betrayed the village, but any ninja could easily give up the information and knowing Sasuke he will find out. I could also just erase the memories of those around me who know, thus eliminating the possibility of Sasuke finding out.

"Hey." I was snapped out of my never ending thoughts and back to reality by the hushed voice. "Hey Wends."

"Whatcha thinking about?" She asks as she follows me part way into the water. I scoffed slightly as I stared down into the clear water. "It would be easier to answer what I'm not thinking about."

"I doubt you will make the right decision, even if it hurts a couple feelings." She smiled, resting her elbow on my shoulder, her being taller gave her the advantage. "What would you do?"

"Well depending on the way you feel for the black haired one, switching roles with Romeo in my case I would go with him." I was caught off guard by her her answer, I was expecting something along the lines of going back to Fairytail. "You spoke about him without one stutter."

Her face became redder than Erza's hair, realization finally hitting her. "No, that's not what I m-meant!"

"While I find it hard to understand the situation I'm in, who am I kidding, you always know what to say to me." I wrap my arms around her small frame, her arms doing the same. "It's good to see you again, Hailey."

"Same to you Wends." I smile into her blue hair, her comfort being all I needed. We stayed her in silence, just enjoying the company of one another.

As the hug broke my hands hit the water, causing water to spray upwards. "Hey!"

"Sorr- That's not fair!" During my apologetic response, Wendy splashed water right on me soaking my clothes. "You are so on!"

My eyes flashed a blue color, using my magic I sent an entire wave of water on the sky maidens direction. However before it could hit her she threw her hands out in front of her, using the wind to keep the water at bay.

That's how the night went, two teenagers throwing water at one another, letting our hardships seem less important.

If only I was aware of what was going to come forth after things seem to get happy.

Who knows what will happen with the Reaper?