Chapter 39

It has been about three weeks since I have returned to the fairies. It was definitely well needed in the emotional state I was going through. I was in the guild hall, drinking a milkshake with Lucy.

We had returned from a mission with Team Natsu earlier and were taking a small break before going out again. "Hey Hails!"

I turned my body around so I could see the blue haired girl running over to me with a huge smile on her face. I smiled in response and looked at her. "Whats up?"

Her smile never faltered as she started explaining something. "Romeo asked me on a date."

A smile had crossed my features as well, my ship was finally sailing! "Then we better get you ready, to my house we go! Come on Lucy you too!"

I would have invited Erza as well, but she was already busy eating her cake, and I have learned my lesson when pestering her and cake. We rushed out of the guild hall and ran to my apartment. In record breaking time may I add.

I started ripping apart my closet for something Wendy could wear. "Lucy be a doll and tear apart the dresser in the other room!"

"You got it." She saluted and moved to my guest room. I tore apart my closet, throwing everything that wasn't worthy enough behind me. I searched until a baby pink kimino with a blue bow belt caught my eye.

I smiled and held up the outfit to the girl. She smiled from ear to ear, I called Lucy back. She was holding a pair of blue thigh high stockings.

We started dressing up Wendy like a little doll. She seemed ecstatic about the fact. An hour later and she looked amazing. I still remember when we were thirteen year olds fighting for the hell of it. My ship Nalu had sailed about a year into when I stayed in Fiore for three years. Wendy now seemed like a mature lady. She was sixteen like me, but the Wendy I see now was mature.

It was then that I knew why I kept on fighting and risking my life.

I hated how my life turned out, so I wanted to make others happy. I fight so others can have the life I wished to have. I fight so I can keep telling myself I have feelings. I fight so others don't have to. In this world, nobody should have to go through what me and many others have.

I smiled as Wendy rushed out the door. Her smile never faltering, her pigtails swaying as she ran. I liked having this small feeling of peace, one that made me want to keep fighting.

"You seem unnaturally happy." I turned to face Lucy, who had just fallen into my bed. I smiled and decided to collapse next to her, making her shift as I did. "I just love seeing her smile."

"You know, I've been in love with an idiot long enough to know that you have a boy on your mind." Lucy spoke with such peace, it made me smile. I didn't say anything and just stared at the ceiling. "The story you told us at the hot springs, I bet isn't the full story."

"I guess you're right." I sighed, realising that I had just sort of left him. I have been forcing myself to keep him out of my mind, but he somehow was always in the back of my head.

"Tell me." She demanded, but it wasn't in a bad way. It was soft, yet cold in her own way. She was genuinely interested in what I had on my mind.

"Well I guess I should start from when I had gotten back." I started, sitting up so I was looking at her.

"So I was on a mission with the new Team 7, consisting of Naruto, Yamato, the new white boy, and I. Our mission was to investigate an Akatsuki member supposedly meeting with Kabuto. To my own displeasure, Orochimaru, the one Sasuke went with, appeared and started fighting with us. I made the decision of betraying the leaf and allowing myself to be captured. It took a hell lot of fighting eternally with myself to do so." I continued, her eyes glued onto me. She seemed to be contemplating something.

"Moving on we returned to the base they were staying at. They had taken my weapon, and my brace, annoying if you ask me. I saw Sasuke for the first time in three years that night, and I let things explode. I yelled at him, accusing him of many things I shouldn't have. But he never once yelled or shouted back at me, he just kept looking at me with the eyes. It was such a weird thing, it felt foreign, I had never felt anything like it before. I told him that I lost my trust in him, I mean it wasn't completely wrong, but something I regret saying nonetheless."

"Sounds to my like you like him~."

"Of course I like him, I was sort of forced to be on the same team as him." I bluntly examined, it was obvious that we were good friends.

"No I mean you like like him." She emphasized the likes, much like a young child would. I rolled my eyes and playfully hit her arm. "Fine, finish telling me."

"Whatever, anyway after our first argument he seemed more persistent around me. Oh, did I mention that he kissed me?"

"What!? No! Keep going tell me more!" She cried, making it extra dramatic.

"So sometime during the argument he kissed me, which made me yell more. Anywho, we were starting to become more comfortable around each other. However he was becoming more and more distant, not from me, but like from the world. He always seemed to be off in his only little daze, he was becoming so obsessed with killing Orochimaru. Then, he would go and kill Itachi, which happened about two days prior to my return. I just wish that I could get through to him, he acts as if the world is against him. I went through something similar and yet I handled it differently, a more civil way. He yelled at me for what I think was the first time ever, and I think he meant it." My voice became softer as realization hit me hard, had he meant it?