Chapter 29

There I stood in the center of the destruction, panting from over exertion. I felt my body calm down as I sank to my knees, feeling my knee with no brace was like a fairytale. 

"What was that?" I hear the Sensei of mine call out. I smiled as I felt sweat dripping down my forehead in thin beads. "You see Hailey's body produces more magical energy than her body can exert, causing her body to override with power. If not controlled and can tear her body apart, the end result being death." 

"Thats sweet and all, but I need some help Wends." I said, her eyes widening as she rushed over to me. "Sorry!" 

"No sweat, I'm still breathing." I spoke as I swung my arm over her shoulder and pushed myself off the ground. Kakashi being himself took my other arm, to support my weight across wendy. 

"How long was I out for? And how are you guys even here?" I came to a conclusion on how naive I was in seeing the things around me. "A day or so, and Porlyusica and I just kinda came here."

"What does that even mean?" I asked as we walked through the now clear forest, the once vividly colored trees destroyed and motionless on the ground. "I was in the guild when a magic circle formed under me, taking me from my spot. When I woke up we were here, Porlyusica was here as well. Once we explained to a boy with blonde hair that we were friends with you, he brought us to where your unconscious body was."

"I see, maybe I did it absentmindedly." I pondered to mostly myself, catching the attention of Kakashi. "How's Naruto? I bet he's furious with me after what I did."

"Quite the contrary actually, he's visited you everyday. Always asking if you were doing better than before, for being taken over by the ninetails, he recovered quite quickly." Kakashi explained in what seemed like an astonished tone of voice. 

Could that be true? Was Naruto really caring for me after all I did to him, I left him with no explanation at all. For what was our former teammate. "Where is he now?" 

"He's in the village I believe, everyone is trying to rebuild the village from the destruction Pain caused." Kakashi once again said with the same tone of voice. "I think some of the people here will appreciate seeing you as well." 

"Oh, tell me, tell me, who's here?" I asked in a little kid wanting to know their birthday present. "Just have to wait and see..." 

"You're fucking annoying Kaka-Baka!" I yelled and crossed my arms, causing me to almost hit the ground due to the fact I was using my arms as support. However the bluenette caught me with her wind before I could hit the floor. "You're more energetic than Asuka during the grand magic games." 

"Aw, I love you too Wendy." I threw my arms around her neck and was standing properly now. "Let's just get back to the village before you kill anyone?" 

"How would I kill anyone? I'm as cute as a button can be!" I boasted through a large fake smile that could fool any person, expect for a few maybe. "Exactly, delusional I see."  

"You're no fun Wends." I whined as she literally started dragging me back to where the destruction started. Magic soon began to circulate through my body again, leaving me with enough strength to walk.  

"So, you staying or coming home for awhile, the council is pretty pissed you left with no word." The bluenette said her eyes wandering to the broken village streets. I hear footsteps scattering the village, some louder than others. "Wouldn't put it pass them to have m-"

I stopped mid sentence and sniffed the air once more. "Kakashi, I smell beer and salt. Is the drunk guy here?"

"Sharp as ever I suppose, you are correct." I let a low growl escape my lips as the smell crept closer to my view. I didn't mind him, but the smell of alcohol left a bad taste. I could finally make out the figures of Tazuna, Naruto there talking with him and another smaller figure. As I got closer the smaller figure became clearer and I put on my best smile and ran over to them, confusing Kakashi nonetheless.

Wendy jogged behind me as we approached them, I slung my arm over Naruto's shoulder and smiled at the people before me. "Who is touching me!" 

"Your just upset, lighten up will ya!" I playfully punch him in the side as I turned my head to the smaller figure, he seemed to be looking be up and down. "I can tell that purple hair from anywhere, how ya doing Hailey?"

"I died, so the fact that i'm here feels pretty good." I nodded, Tazuna saying my name seemed to spark Inari's memory. "How you doing kid, long time no see." 

"You got prettier." He said under his breath, but I was able to hear it along with Wendy who was at my side. Wendy smiled and spoke out at a pretty normal level, noise wise that is. "Your voice has matured at least." 

"Sorry, who are you?" Inari asked, placing the piece of plywood he was holding down. "Wendy Marvell, Hail's best friend. Pleased to meet you."

"When did you wake up?" My focus returned to Naruto, giving him a sheepish smile I began to explain. "Well about a few hours ago, I found Kakashi, then some weird shit happened and now were here."

"That's awesome, I thought you had really be gone." I saw his expression change slightly. I slapped him on the back, sending him forward as he face planted to the ground. "I can't die silly, too awesome for that, besides you'd go crazy without me here."

"It might be quiet if you were gone." I scowled at Kakashi, sending him an all knowing glare. I'm going to punch him later, he better run now if he knows what's good for him. 

"Where's Sasuke?" Inari asked, looking from person to person. I noticed Naruto looked down slightly and Kakashi rested a hand on the blondes shoulder, guess that leaves me to answer, but do I tell him the truth?