Chapter 22

"Alright then, when will you return." Shikamaru spoke up, his voice slightly cracking. "If I'm not back in two days use this." 

I handed Tsunade a small lacrima, it was similar to the one Wendy and I use. Expect this one is for teleportation, it was created by freed for emergencies only. "Just say my name and I will be here." 

"Okay, its getting later, you should get going." I nodded and put my hood on my head. I jumped into the window frame, turning my head slightly. "I'll see ya around, pineapple, Tsunade."

With that I was gone running while singing a little tune too myself. 

"Don't be cautious, don't be kind
You committed, I'm your crime
Push my button anytime
You got your finger on the trigger, but your trigger finger's mine
Silver dollar, golden flame
Dirty water, poison rain
Perfect murder, take your aim
I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name." 

Before I knew it I was back at the base and in my room. I packed my stuff, I planned on sleeping all day tomorrow. If I felt something this bad, I knew my magic reserve would come in handy.

I plopped into my bed, letting the peaceful feeling of sleep overcome me. I smiled as my vision faded. 

~~

I arose to silence, my head was pounding. How long was I asleep for? My headache was making it impossible for me to think straight. 

The door opening snapped my out of my thoughts. Uchiha came in, swiftly shutting the door behind him. "I think Orochimaru is getting suspicious."

I then had a perfect idea. "Let me go on a mission. It will be a good way to show Orochimaru we are still loyal to him."

"Where will you actually go?" He asked, I smiled and shrugged. "Stay on the low side for awhile. I trust you can take Orochimaru head on by yourself. I'll meet up with you once you have the team together." 

"I have some Fairy business to attend to, I will only be gone a week or so." I explained, hoping he would understand and not question it any further. "Alright, if it keeps Orochimaru off our backs I agree."

He seemed a little hesitant but nonetheless agreed to my plan. I held back the victorious smirk that wanted to show itself so bad. 

"I'll go see Orochimaru now for any missions, can you put my few things into a scroll while I do so." It was more of a demand than anything. He rolled his eyes and nodded with a slight smirk. 

I walked out the room my cloak flowing behind me as I did so. I made my way to his scent, it was only mid day so far everything was going smooth. Too smooth, Sasuke should've questioned me more. He knows I have trouble performing the transportation magic.

I pushed my thoughts to the side and bowed in front of the snake. "Hailey what a pleasant surprise. What are you seeing me for?"

The way his words hissed made me cringe in my own skin. "Actually I was wondering if there are any assignments for me to take." 

"Your aware we leave today, right?" I nodded and lifted my head so I was facing him. Sasuke was right he does seem to be in a rather frail state nowadays. "Alright then, I will have Kabuto give you the assignment. He should be in the lab right now."

"Thank you Lord Orochimaru." I hated calling him a Lord, it felt like a curse on my tongue. Trust I have no problem cursing. He nodded and I turned on my heel. As I made my way to the mad room, blood filled my nose. 

I really hoped he wasn't experimenting on anything at the moment. I took in a deep breath, attempting to block out all the smell. I pushed open the worn down, metal door.

"Kabuto!" I called out, I heard a thud followed by someone cursing. I saw a green liquid spilled onto the stone floor, by the smell I would say it was an antifreeze substance of sorts. "Hailey, just the healer I wanted to see, I have a patient metal based toxin." 

"On it." I sighed and turned to see a boy no older than five holding himself in pain, it made me break seeing the sight. I rushed to his side, what the hell has Kabuto done to him. "What did you do to him?"

"He held out many poisons, I was trying to make him unfazed by poisons. He should thank you for the idea, you were my inspiration in the process." The way he smiled made my insides shiver to the core, it made sadistic look normal. I turned my attention back to the kid. "Hey, it's okay you will be fine." 

I first checked for any flesh wounds to extract the poison from, but to no avail I showed up empty handed. "Okay this might hurt for a second, but you'll feel better in the long run." 

I used a scalpel to make a small incision on his inner arm, making sure to not go to deep. I heard him gasp for air, I quickly sealed the wound with my mouth. As the salty taste of blood filled my mouth, I diffentrated the blood and poison. I closed my eyes and scanned for any traces of blood left in his body. I was almost done when I felt a trace in his left kidney. I unsealed my lips and moved over to his stomach, gently lifting his partly torn short. "Damn it Kabuto you waited too long, it's in his organ already. More work I have to do, dumbass."

My pointless mumbling seemed to spike the kid's interest, I was also now realised that he had stopped moaning in pain. His eyes rested on me, I flashed him a quick reassuring smile before I placed my green glowing hands on his abdomen. I placed pressure growing by the second, I visualized the maze of veins and tissues his kidney was made of. Moving the small amount of poison out of the kidney and back into the main blood stream. 

I sealed my lips back onto the boys inner arm, making sure the poison doesn't have time to multiply or infect anything else, I extract it. I smiled at my work before turning on my heel, and flashing the boy a smile. "I only came here for an assignment, now gimme it."

His sadistic smirk unreavled into a scowl before he grabbed a yellow file and tossed at me hard. I stopped the flow of air, slowing it as it neared me. I grabbed it with my hand before showing him a smile and saying, "This is why we can't have nice things Kabuto."