Epilouge

War, something I'd never imagine myself in. Death for some was inescapable, even if they meant something to us.

Screams and clashing of swords was all that filled my ears. I hated this, every fucking second of it.

I slumped my exhausted body against a tree, finally finding some time to rest. Tsunade has told me of Naruto's whereabouts, and how his survival is what the entire war is about.

I have smelt Uchihas scent a surplus of times, but haven't had the courage to face him. Who knows what he thinks of me now. Probably hates my guts for leaving.

"Hailey, what's you next command the unique skills division is waiting for your word." So many people would have been better suited than myself. Kakashi happened to be leading the mid-range mixed with long-range fighters. With Gaara, the Kazekage being the overseer of the entire thing.

"Inform the division to keep using support, no one has called in for backup yet." I spoke calmly, not wanting to let off a feeling of nervousness to my second in command. He was a ninja from the ninja from the stone, Mifune. "As you wish."

I have to say working and calling out orders to which others obey is quite the feeling. I've always been the follower so leading was quite different. I unsheathed my scythe and rose to my feet.

I fixed the headband on around my neck, it was no longer the leaf alone we were one united nation. I threw my hood over my head, hiding some of my purple hair. My lilac eyes shining as I fixated them onto another fly trap guy. I was informed they were clones of an Akatsuki member who goes by the name Zetsu. 

There was so many of those damn half and half creatures. I was fighting off them, Kakashi near me as well. "What'd ya say to making a little game out of this?"

"Now is really not the time for games..." He frowned, cleanly slicing through a Zetsu with his kunai. The cellular makeup of the Zetsu's has me confused, even as a medical expert. It just didn't make very much sense, it was like fibers almost making up the entire body. Fibers similar to the structure of a plant. "Lighten up, I sure as hell don't want to die with a frown on my face!"

"Fine, what game do you want to play." I can tell even from a small distance that he was now bearing a small smirk under his mask. 

"Simple whoever kills more half'n'halfs wins." I explained, and cut the heads off of three Zetsu's that just so happened to be on my side. "By the way, that's eighty nine for me." 

"That's not fair, I wasn't counting how many I killed beforehand. You probably already thought this through and cut through a bunch just so you can beat your sensei." I smiled innocently and shook my head in his direction. "What would make you think that?"

"Hailey!" I turned around with a scowl, now facing Mifune. He seemed to be troubled as he tried to make words come out of his mouth. "Close-Range heavy hitters are requesting back up." 

"Give the order for a third of the division to move out now." I commanded and looked back towards Kakashi. "Seems like our game is over, just so you know I won." 

Before he even had the chance to respond I jumped back into the darkness. Using the shadows as my cover. My eyes widened as I saw what lied in front of me. "Holy hell, that's a lot of dead bodies."

I stood in shock, of course I have seen plenty of dead bodies before, but this was just on a different level. Blood laced the sand and dirt that was pure, staining it a crimson color. 

This is what every shinobi's fate is... no this is what everybody who risks their lives future. It was horrible, but it was also very true. It's sometimes sad what fate has instore for everybody.

But no, I will save as many people as possible. That is my resolve.