Chapter 38

"Hailey Yuki, seems you show your face once again." I was presented by the head of the magic council currently, my hands becoming slightly clammy from the uneasy feeling in the room. "In the flesh!" 

"Where have you been the past months?" One man who had a long beard asked. I gulped slightly, but tried to hide it to the best of my abilities. My nerves became slightly calmed as I found the courage to speak up. 

"Well you see, I have been in this position as wizard saint for over three years now. Never once failing to aid when my assistance is needed. I have taken upon training, don't want people threatening me for my title after all. These past months I have used my family's inheritance magic to travel and practice and hone my skills." I skillfully explained, I may or may not have practiced several times as we walked to the building with the girls. The council seemed deep in thought. I relaxed my tense shoulders and let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. 

"Very well." 

"I think I ne- Wait what did you say?" My high speed brain, didn't process the two words right away as I went to defend myself. "I said very well, but we do expect you to show up to saint meetings every now and then." 

"Yeah yeah, but if I'm hopping dimensions when should I know when a meeting is being held?" I questioned with slight confusion in my voice. "That brings up a good point. Are you aware of communication lacrimas?" 

"Yes, I have had my fair share of experiences." I was tossed a small lacrima from a younger looking council member. "We shall ring you when you are needed, and give you a reminder of upcoming meetings." 

"Understood, council dude." I saluted like one in the army would. I saw the older man laugh at my enthusiastic voice, while another shook her head. "Please don't make us regret our decision Hailey Yuki." 

"Got'cha, anyway Hailey is fine, I'm not the formal type as you can hopefully tell." I stated proudly, using my hands to better get my point across. I noticed how serious the demeanor was when I walked in, so lighting it seemed like the reasonable thing to do. 

"Alright I believe you have other guild mates outside waiting for you. Thank you for your time Hailey." I smiled and gave the famous Fairytail hand sign. "You got it, oh and try not to give the old man too much trouble. Anymore reckless letters and I think the man might have a heart attack."

"Alright, but inform your guild to stop being so reckless then those letters wouldn;t happen." I giggled slightly and headed for the door. "We're Fairytail, I know there will be recklessness in the future most definitely. We wouldn't be Fairytail without the one thing that sets us apart from the others." 

As I walked out the door, and closed it behind me I noticed one thing the old man said after I left. "She is the most carefree and unserious Wizard Saint we have ever had, that's for sure."

I smiled confidently, knowing I had left a good impression on the council... at least they don't hate me!

"Sooo, how'd it go?" Lucy was the first to ask a slightly concerned look across her face. I smiled brightly and gave her a thumbs up. "I'm in the clear! As of right now, but they do expect me to attend more meetings, damn council."

"That's to be expected, you are the top Saint. They probably want you to set a good example for the other Saint's." Erza explained expertly, I guess what she was saying made sense. However I think literally every other Saint would be a better example than me. Jura would be a prime example for that. 

"Just glad they didn't kick your butt out." Wendy boasted and wrapped an arm around my neck. We walked out the building and into a hotel we would stay in for the night. I let myself fall back onto the soft bed. 

"What do you say we go check out the hot springs the hotel has?" I perked up at the mention of a relaxing soak. I smiled towards Lucy who held the same emotion as I. "Hell ya!"

We all raced out of our four bedded room and into the hotsprings I tore off my clothes and threw on a towel. "Last one in is a rotten egg!" 

I let the towel fall onto the ground as I jumped into the warm water. It felt amazing on my sore and toned body. Something about this seemed all too familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Well you certainly aren't the first." I pouted as I saw Carla already in the water before me. This must have been where she had flown off too earlier. Next in was Wendy, followed by Lucy. Then lastly Erza sank into the water. 

"So Wendy has told us a little about what happened and how you died. Want to elaborate a little bit on that?" I nodded to Erza's thoughtful question and began to explain, "Well you see to put it bluntly I died. It was a blessing and a curse, I had gotten to see Atlas one more time. Closure I guess you could call it. When I woke up, and found out that I never really died I was able to move my leg freely. Something must have happened to the tissue structure and skin cells." After some speculation I decided to lift my head and show them that the two vertical scars that ran down my body were now longer there. 

"Everytime I look in the mirror it still freaks me out, not seeing the two things I hated the most." I smiled and covered the pain that once invaded my face. "Enough about me, I wanna hear how Fairytail has been. It's not everyday I get this much relaxation, let's not ruin it with my fucked up life." 

"Well master has definitely noticed the effect your happy attitude has on the guild. Gray and Natsu have fought a lot more without you and Erza constantly breaking them up." Lucy giggled like a child, but honestly it felt right. Sitting with my family I could always count on. 

I love Fairytail and what they have done for me.