Preparing

Steve and Alex walked in Elliot's weapon shop, ahead of them were Elliot standing behind the table with things that are set on it, left to right was a map, apples, carrots, bread, a stone sword, and a bow and arrows. "I call bow and arrows!!!"Alex exclaimed, raising her hoof and almost made Steve hop. "Well I already have an iron sword so I don't have to worry about it," Steve said. "Well you might need an extra in case yours or Frank's sword breaks," Elliot said. Behind them, Frank walked in. "Got everything taken care of," Frank said. "Good, pack everything up except the map, I gotta show you something," Elliot said. Steve packed up the food, Alex got the bow and arrows, and Frank took the stone sword. Elliot spread out the map on the table, the corners were jagged, there was a small hole in the middle of it. "This map must be really old," Steve thought. "This map is the oldest map I got, but the largest which included where we live" Elliot explained. "This is where we live I assume, in that light orange village even if it's not light anymore, this is where we live," Elliot said, pointing at the light orange village on the map. Steve and Alex nodded at the same time. Elliot moved his hoof to the Rocky Ridge. "You'll be heading there, but it may be dangerous," Elliot said. "How long had you had that map???"Steve asked. "Since my grandfather"Elliot replied. "Then why did you say that this is the only map with our village in it???"Steve asked. "Well our neighbors, Equestria, thought we perished because of the monsters, there are no monsters where they live so they thought we needed to handle it ourselves, not hating on them or anything, but that's what I've been told"Elliot explained. "Oh," Steve said. "Well, good luck on the journey," Elliot said. "Thanks," Steve said as he levitated the map into his saddlebag. Steve, Alex, and Frank walked outside. "Hey Frank, what about your farm???"Steve asked. "I asked my brother if he can take care of it" Frank replied. "Ok, so where do we start???"Steve asked as he levitated the map and let the others see. "Maybe we can walk at the edge of the lake then when we reach the stream which leads to the Rocky Ridge, we could follow that"Alex suggested. "Hmm... Good idea" Steve agreed. Steve, Alex, and Frank start running to the ocean, when they made it, they were welcomed with the calming sounds of waves. "This seems to look like the pattern like on the map," Alex said pointing left. "Well, what are we waiting for???"Frank said. They started walking in the direction Alex pointed at. "The journey begins," Steve thought.