{63} Oh! Darling

Raven's POV

Katsu's house was rather normal- for a rich private-school family, that is.

The house was huge, but filled to the brim with happiness. I have no idea how both Ami and Katsu came from such a happy place. There were pictures of their family covering the walls from top to bottom. Their parents, apparently, both had dark black hair and kind smiles. Unlike Ami, they also both had tanned skin and blue eyes.

"Do you want the official tour of the house or just the paper?" Katsu asked.

"Paper. I don't think I could stay in this place long enough to get the official tour. If you offer an unofficial tour though-" Skye cut me off before I could finish my sentence though.

"Where's it at?" She couldn't wait to see if it was true. I didn't want to know.

"It's in my room. I had to take it while my parent's were asleep. They're both out right now, but they'll be back by dinner time, so we need to hurry." Katsu led us up a rather large flight of stairs to a room that I assumed was his. The walls were bright white while the carpets were a gray color. He had less pictures on his walls- none of his family, actually. The only object out of place was a piece of slightly crumbled paper on his huge bed.

I went to sit on his bed when he smirked.

"Wow Raven, didn't think getting you into bed would be that easy."

"Oh shut it." I snapped back, picking up the paper and hopping off of his bed, despite how comfortable it was.

I scanned the document quickly, looking for the names of the birth parents. When I found the section, I immediately felt light-headed.

"James Morkian and Claire Bridgetts," I said aloud, although I didn't mean to. Under his name was his unmistakable signature. The "J" took up almost the whole spot, followed by an unreadable squiggle.

The room was quiet for a few minutes as Skye and I scanned the document for any more information.

"Does Ami know yet?" Skye eventually asked.

"No, I don't know how to tell her. I don't even know if I should tell her-"

"Tell her what?" Ami entered the room, her lips drawn into a straight line. "Why are they here?"

"Ami, what are you doing back so soon?" Katsu asked, snatching the paper from my hand and shoving it into his bedside table drawer.

"What's that?" Ami asked, referring to the paper.

"It's nothing. A Host Club thing." Katsu replied with ease.

"Then why can't I see it?" She practically snapped. 

"Why would you want to see it? Suddenly care about the Host Club now?" I asked, pressing my lips into a firm line as I waited for a response. 

"Ha-ha." Ami replied, reaching out for the paper and successfully snatching it from Katsu, who didn't appear to know what to do in this situation. 

"Ami..." 

"What the hell is this? Adoption papers? For..." she trailed off, eyes scanning the document, widening with each second. She began to laugh slowly. 

"Katsu, is this a joke?" Her face along with her words grew desperate. "Please tell me you're kidding." 

Katsu didn't move. He only looked at the ground, guilt filling his emotions. Skye reached out for Ami's hand.

"Ami... I know we don't have the greatest past, but you should know that we're here for you, no matter what. I- I don't even know how to tell you this, but you're one of us now and forever." Skye said softly, pushing the words out as quickly as she could.