Chapter 1

"Out of the fucking way loser!" Lucas practically barks at poor Shawn. As he does he brings his arm up and slams the books right out of his hands making papers, pens, pencils fly everywhere. Lucas and his jerk friends laugh as they walk away. I was watching the situation happen from around the corner next to the girl's bathroom.

I see Shawn inhale and exhale as he knelt down. I took this moment to walk up to Shawn and knelt down next to him. I started gathering loose papers and stacking what books I can find from largest to smallest. While I was piling and collecting I notice Shawn staring at me in disbelief. I giggle and look at him. He immediately looks embarrassed as his cheeks start to flush red. He snaps his head back to the floor collecting his things faster. Fascinated by how adorable he was I raised my hand and gently placed it on his cheek. He flinched away for a second but calmed down when he noticed I wasn't going to harm him. He looked at me again but this time not shying away.

"Are you ok? He didn't hurt you?" I asked.
"N-No..." He replied with a shaky voice.
"Good. I'm sorry he acts that way, he can truly be a jerk sometimes," I say removing my hand, "maybe one day he'll grow up and apologize. But for now please accept my apology on his behalf." I furrow my eyebrows trying to express my sympathy.

Shawn keeps staring with a dumbfounded look on his face. I smile and stand up. He follows my lead and stands up as well, half his items in hand. I hand him back his belongings and before walking off I give him a big smile but a small wave goodbye. I then start walking in the same direction I saw Lucas walking in.

"So I say to the coach, 'look either he goes or I go, who's more important here?' And just like that basically on the fucking spot that little limp dick shit is off the team!" Lucas laughs, his arm was wrapped around my shoulder as I stood there while he talked to his friends. My own friends Lisa and Maria were with their boyfriends Dan and Oliver. Lisa was closer to me so I leaned over to her and started talking to her quietly so Lucas wouldn't hear us over his own conversation.

"Do you know that guy, Shawn... Um..." his last name slipped my mind. I never really knew much about him. I had one class with him but barely talked to him or paid him much mind until recently.
"I think it was Shawn Mendoza?" I questioned.
"Uh, Shawn Mendes?" She corrected me.
"Yes!" I brightened up
"Why?"
"Oh, well I just wanted to know a bit about him."
"Uh, he's a scrawny little freak? I think I saw him once in class humming to himself while he stared at you."
"Oh... that sounds cute." I smiled.
"What the fuck Cecilia? I told you to stop doing that shit." Lisa raised her voice, making me lose my smile. It got a glance from the guys but they brushed it off and continued their talking.

"But Lisa he's not doing anything wrong to anyone." She grabbed me by my arms and yanked me a little distance away from the guys so they won't hear.

"No, I fucking told you, you to be concerned about yourself, you get on top of the food chain and stay there. You don't associate yourself with the geeks, freaks, and nerds." She started as she whispered/yelled at me. "I gave you the power you have now, I liked you so much I took myself down to hold you up. Do NOT... fuck me over like this." She glared at me.

"O-ok." I nodded scared of Lisa's remark. Then as if on cue I see Shawn Mendes himself walking out of the building. Just walking across the field minding his own business. Lisa followed my gaze and smirked wickedly at me once she caught sight of him.

"Lucas!" She yelled. Lucas immediately turned around.
"What?! What happened?!" He asked as he ran up to us.
"That skinny little fuck totally just flipped us off! Little shit was trying to be sneaky but he caught him!" She lied, intentionally getting Lucas worked up.
"What?!" Lucas yelled looking over at Shawn.
"No Luc-" I tried to speak bit Lisa pulled my face onto her chest cradling my head but covering my mouth with her forearm in the process.
"And poor Cecilia here is so upset about it!" She kept lying.
"Motherfu- BOYS LET'S GO!" Lucas yelled. Lisa let go of me as soon as the boys started running after Shawn.
"No. NO! LUCAS!" I yelled as I chased after them. It wasn't until I screamed that Shawn noticed anything. He saw all these people running his way and he just dropped his things and ran. I kept running but couldn't really keep up, when I reached his belongings I had to stop, breathing heavily as I watched him get chased all the way off the field and out of school. I looked down and saw all his things. I dropped down to my knee's and started gathering it much like before in the halls.