Chapter 42

I sniffled as Harry and I held hands while he walked me back to my dorm room. But once we really got to the door I realized I had no one once Harry left. Instead, I led him to Maria's room. I raised my hand to knock when the door immediately flew open. On the other side stood Maria looking concerned. She must have heard my pathetic sniveling from inside.

"What did he do?!" She asks. I just shake my head and run up to her wrapping my arms around her neck and sobbing onto her shoulder. Not saying anything Maria hugs me tightly in return.
"Shawn just lost it, he attacked me, he was screaming at her," Harry explained in the simplest way what happened today.
"I'll kill him." She growled.
"I just think they need a little time," Harry said and I felt a hand on my back.
"Thank you, for being there for her. I'm sorry if you got involved in anything." Maria said.
"It's fine, just make sure she's ok." He says. I then heard footsteps walking away.

Maria pulled away from me looking sympathetic before leading me further in the room and shutting the door.

"W-We were so fine just a while before and then he comes asking me if I was afraid of him!" I explained to Maria.
"Well, are you?" She asks.
"Of course not!"
"Did you tell him?"
"I didn't get to. He right away just snapped at me and Harry when all he was doing was trying to help me out. Shawn wouldn't even let me speak."
"Did he really attack Harry?"
"Well... he grabbed him by his shirt and the last time I saw him do that was with Lucas."
"But Lucas was a different case, this time it's just not acceptable."
"I-I know but Shawn said something that got to me..."
"What?"
"He loves me, Maria... He's been in love with me."
"Well duh that much was obvious Cece!"
"I know I should have caught on sooner but I was never sure. I thought he was just affectionate or messing with me!" I defended myself.
"But Cecilia you can't really date him, not after this. Besides, do you even like him back? Not necessarily love but at least like him?"
"Well-"
"Actually that doesn't matter, you need to cut him off after this. That was so out of line and if he'll act like that in front of you who's to say he just won't turn out to be another Lucas."
"He's not a vicious person, Maria."
"It sounds like it!"
"I-I think he was jealous..."
"What if he gets like this with all your guy friends if you date?"
"He wouldn't... I don't know what happened today." I said as my eyes started to water. Maria just sighed and grabbed my hands holding them firmly.
"Just at least give it time before you go back to him because I know you're gonna go back to him." She started to caress my hands with her thumbs as she looked at me with a small sympathetic smile.
"Ok." I agreed.
"Hey, you got that project with him, you said it was practically done just wait until you have to perform with him before you say anything."
"But we haven't practiced the whole song yet."
"Yeah but don't all the performers have to be there an hour before the actual thing starts?" Maria asks.
"Well yeah."
"Then you can practice at that time."
"I guess..."
"There you go. Now let's go to your room, pack some things and you'll be in here with me for awhile. I don't want Lisa sucking your life force in your sleep." She sneers after she mentions Lisa. I couldn't help but lightly giggle as I followed her.

While Maria and I were packing my things Lisa walked into the room. We just ignored her but it seems like after everything that's happened she doesn't know when to stop.

"Oh, goodie are you moving out?" She chimes. I glanced at her for a moment to see her putting her keys down on the nightstand and holding a box full of clothes and other personal items in hand. But we just stayed quiet and continued to pack.

"If you were wondering about me, I was as Shawn's obviously collecting my things but you should have heard him begging me to stay." She chuckles.
"Good. Keep him." Maria sneered again and slammed closed my suitcase.
"Aw, what happened to my Merry Maria." Lisa cooed.
"Let's go, Cece," Maria said as she grabbed my hand and started leading me out the door. I quickly grabbed my bag before following behind her.
"He doesn't really love you," Lisa said as we reached the door. I froze in place feeling my heart sink.
"He's told me a million times how much he loved me, but look at me and him now. It's a pattern Cecilia, he'll just do the same thing to you when he realizes he can do so much better." She added.

"No..." I started, "he won't do it to me because he actually loves me. You can't help it that no one will truly love you because of how much of a raging bitch you are." I calmly said looking over my shoulder at her.
"Lucas has... the entire time you were dating... Lucas loved me almost every day." She chuckled.
"We weren't dating, I was being held hostage, but you have fun with him as much as you like. I'm done with him and I'm done with you, Lisa." I scoffed before turning back to the door and walking out with Maria.