Chapter 22

"Cece..." Maria started. We sat across from each other on her bed, we were both crisscrossed. "Why was Shawn Mendes standing next to you and hugged you goodbye at my door?" She asked.
"W-Well he walked me here, we were talking and then we were messing around and we had an accident-"
"Messing around?" She raised her brow.
"N-Not like that!" I denied quickly knowing exactly what she meant. She just nodded letting me continue, "like, we were racing and running in the halls." I explained.
"Right." She was still oddly calm.
"He... um... him and Lisa are on a break and I guess he just wanted some company." I shrugged.
"Break?" She asked.
"I can't go into detail but Shawn needed time away from her I guess." I shrugged. Maria just grabbed my hand's and smiled sweetly at me.
"Cece, you're going to bare his gorgeous children..." She trailed off. My eyes widened and I swiped my hands away from hers.

"Maria!" I yelled and she immediately lost it.
"What?!" She laughed. "He's totally into you, just date, get it over with."
"Maria Leslie Ramerez..." I scolded her.
"Don't Maria Leslie Ramerez me, Cecilia Grace Marling." She narrowed her eyes at me.
"Well don't say such absurd things!" I exclaimed.
"I'm just saying it sounds like he really likes you..." She trailed off.
"Stop it. It's just a break they'll probably get back together... hopefully."
"What? Isn't this what you wanted? He's realizing Lisa isn't for him!"
"Well yeah but Lisa's uh... a little more aggressive without him..." I tried to find the right words to explain her outburst.
"What? What do you mean?" She asked.
"W-Well... I didn't tell Shawn because I didn't want to worry him but... Lisa kinda... um..." I felt embarrassed, just like the time I told Maria about Lucas, it felt so similar.
"What did she do?" Maria's voice was stern and she was fully invested in my words.
"Sh-She slapped me and yelled at me. Saying she worked too hard on Shawn and just... rude things..." I explained with a shrug. Maria didn't say anything. Here eyes just widened and she looked at me shocked.
"B-But she was upset so-" I was cut off by Maria quickly jumping off the bed and looking around the room quickly.
"W-What?" I asked her.
"I need to find a heavy blunt object to beat that puta upside the damn head!" She yelled, after using her Spanish slur her accent broke out.

"Maria no!" I said standing up and standing in front of her.
"Don't you 'no!' me! That pendejo Lucas is enough! I'm pissed!" She screamed.
"Maria no! This is just going to come back harder on me!" I explained grabbing her by her shoulders.
"Cecilia this is enough! You have to stand up for yourself or I'll stand the fuck up for you!" She said. I just shook my head, pulling my hands up to my chest.
"Maria I-I can't, you know Lisa basically controls my life! She's just as close to Lucas and in just the snap of her fingers she'll feed him some lie and make him come back!" I blurted.
"Come back?!" Maria's eyes widened.
"I-I..." I tried to speak but nothing was coming up.
"Lucas was here?! And you didn't tell me when he came." She exclaimed this time, grabbing my shoulders.
"I-I thought I could-"
"Could what Cece?! You know you can't handle him! Why didn't you call me?! You know he can't do anything if I'm around!"
"I-I don't... I don't know!" I said pulling away from her. She walked towards me but I kept walking back until I just turned my back to her and ran for the door.
"Cecilia!" Maria called me.

I ran out of Maria's room and to the elevator. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. What if she does something to Lisa and it comes back at me? I should probably keep my distance a bit just in case. I wasn't in Maria's room for too long so maybe I can get lucky and find Shawn on my way out.

The doors to the elevator dinged and slowly slid open. I stepped out on the first floor and as I did as if fate was actually on my side Shawn stood in the lobby talking to a girl, probably a friend. I waited for them to go their separate ways until I approached Shawn.

"Shawn!" I called out to him. He stopped in his tracts looking back at me and immediately looked confused at the sight of me.
"Cecilia! Uh, aren't you supposed to be hanging out with.... uh... Marie?" He asked, Maria's name slipping his mind.
"We Maria and I... um... we kinda got in a little argument and um..."
"What?! It's literally been about 10 or 15 minutes!" He says pulling out his phone and looking at the time.
"Well, she wasn't feeling good to start with so I thought  she needs space right now." I lied.
"Oh. Well, that's shitty, I'm sorry. Did you wanna hang out with me at my place then?" He asks.
"Oh I don't want to bother you that much, I just thought we could-"
"C'mon, you won't be a bother, I'd love to have you over!" He exclaimed.
"Really?" I furrowed my brows slightly concerned. I just wanted to sit outside and talk or something, I didn't expect him to actually invite me to his room.
"Yeah! It'll be fun." He laughed nudging me with his elbow.
"O-Ok." I finally agreed, giving him a small smile. I've never been to the boy's dorm rooms but just how bad can it be?