Chapter 20

I couldn't think of anywhere else to go but the music room. I ended up running over here as fast as I could, just crying.

I sat on the floor at the front of the room directly under the whiteboard. I hugged my knee's as I sobbed. I knew no one would be in here at this time and I just wanted somewhere quiet to cry in peace.

Just as I started calming down I heard the door click open. When it did I quickly wiped my eyes and tried to make it seem like I wasn't crying. I quickly stood up and was ready to leave.

As soon as I started walking towards the door I watched as a fairly tall man with tattoos on both his forearms and curly brown hair walked in, with a guitar in hand.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were using the music room." He spoke in a kind of slow and heavy voice he had a very deep British accent to it as well. I stopped when he spoke and looked up at him. His eyes were the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen.

"N-No, I was leaving," I mumbled, realizing I was getting lost in his looks I looked down at my feet.
"Are you alright? You look a little upset." He investigated.
"No, no I'm fine just uh..." I couldn't think of an excuse. But why should I? I don't know this guy.
"Alright." Was all he said. I looked back up to him and he simply started walking over to a chair. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes. Just as I was about to leave I heard him again,

"Oh excuse me for just one second." He called out to me. I turned around looking at him and he was comfortably sitting at the front of the class in a seat. "Do you think you can do me a tiny favor before you leave?" He asks. I furrow my brows and just look at him confused.

"What is it?" I asked not really moving or wanting to.
"Well, I'd like to believe I'm a bit of a singer and I was wondering if I could get your opinion on a song I've recently written."
"Uh... you want me to hear you sing?" I asked.
"Well if you don't mind, of course." He gave me a half smile, revealing a dimple on his left cheek.
"O-Ok." I agreed. Still confused. He then gave me a full smile and pulled a chair up across from him, patting on it, gesturing me to take a seat.

I hesitate for a short moment before I walk over to the chair and sit in it, looking directly at him. He has his guitar in his lap, looking right back at me with those amazing green eyes. He then reaches a hand out to me.

"Harry Styles." He introduced himself.
"Oh... uh, Cecilia Marling." I introduced myself back as I grabbed his hand and shook it firmly.
"Very nice to meet you, Cecilia, and thank you for taking the time to humor me." He smiled again. I gave him a small smile in return and a little nod.
"So this is a song I've written called, Kiwi. I'm not really sure of your song preferences but do keep an open mind." He explained. I just nodded again and he cleared his throat before he started.

"She worked her way through a cheap pack of cigarettes," He strummed his guitar once after the word, 'way' and twice after, 'cigarettes'.
"Hard liquor mixed with a bit of intellect," strummed twice again.
"And all the boys, they were saying they were into it" He then started to actually play the guitar while he picked up on his singing.
"Such a pretty face, on a pretty neck
She's driving me crazy, but I'm into it, but I'm into it
I'm kind of into it
It's getting crazy, I think I'm losing it, I think I'm losing it
I think she said 'I'm having your baby, it's none of your business'
'I'm having your baby, none of your, none of your...'
'I'm having your baby, it's none of your business'
'I'm having your baby, it's none of your, it's none of your'" He sang much faster than he talked but left a lingering tone to his voice. The song was fast and upbeat, it kind of made me want to jump around to it. As he sang I couldn't help but smile while I watched him. It was definitely much different from hearing Shawn sing but I really enjoyed it.

He finished his song and hearing it lightened my mood.
"So?" He asked putting his guitar down on the floor.
"That was great!" I chimed.
"Really? You didn't think it was weird?"
"Of course not! It was so great I just wanted to get up and dance." I admitted as I laughed.
"That's great then! Thank you so much for helping me." He smiled.
"Thank you for letting me listen to that, and did you write that by yourself?" I asked.
"Sure, I write a lot. Last year at our annual fundraiser I performed an original piece as well." He explained.
"Really? You performed at the fundraiser?"
"Yeah, but I was the last act so everyone was already gone by the time I got up there." He sighed.
"I'm sorry. But will you be performing this year?" I asked.
"Yep, I'm still waiting to find out when I'll perform this year."
"That's great, I'll definitely be there to hear you!" I exclaimed with a wide smile.
"Thank you." He closed his eyes and bowed his head to me.
"Maybe I'll even see you before or after you perform. I'll be performing too with my... uh... classmate." I was contemplating on calling Shawn my friends because I was still unsure of his motive of wanting to actually be friends.

"Really? That's cool who else is it?"
"His name is Shawn Mendes. He's really good, he's teaching me to sing as we write the song."
"Woof. Must have a lot on his plate for the month."
"You think? I don't want him to exhaust himself just trying to help me."
"Well, maybe I can help you? I can teach you to sing if you'd like." He offered.
"Really? That'd be awesome! So now Shawn and I can just focus on writing the song!" I was excited, not only to spend more time with Harry who seems so cool and attractive but also give Shawn a bit of a break.

"Yeah, just meet me here on Tuesdays at... 10:00 am?" He says in a questioning tone.
"Sounds good to me."
"Great." He smiled. I pulled out my phone looking at the time, it was already 2:40. Luckily my class was only a 10-minute walk from here, I'd just have to attend class in my comfy's.

I stand from the chair and return it to where Harry originally pulled it away from.
"Thank you so much for letting me listen to your song. I need to get to class now but It was incredible meeting you!" I say as I look around making sure I have everything.
"Of course, thank you for your input." He smiled. I just smiled back before turning around and heading for the door.