Chapter 3

Its been 3 weeks since the incident with Lisa and Shawn happened. Lisa's been by my side almost every second mainly to keep me away but also since graduation is only a few days away. She's been freaking out and getting so excited but I wasn't too happy. I felt bad for how I left off with Shawn. I've wanted to talk to him but if I do Lisa will just sick Lucas on him again, so I suppose it's best to keep my distance.

"So Maria who's going to robe you tomorrow at the ceremony?" She asked with her arm interlocked on mine. It was either a friendly gesture or the equivalence to a leash and prevent me from wandering off.
"Oh, my mom of course!" Maria answered almost immediately.
"How cute!" Lisa cooed.
"Cecilia," she turns her head towards me, "what about you?"
"My dad's going to do it for me."
"Precious." She gives me a big fake smile and drags me along with her through the school's gym.

We were here to practice for graduation but the teachers have yet to show up. I scouted the room looking for any sign of Shawn. I haven't seen him in weeks and I'm honestly kind of worried about him. I know I haven't had the best opportunities to speak with him and develop as much of a friendship as I'd like but... there's something about him that draws me to him. Like a moth to a flame.

"Oh!" I called out spotting him in a corner away from everyone. I furrowed my brows in sympathy seeing him all by himself. How can he be alone? He looks so adorable in his little white sweatshirt and grey skinny jeans.
"What on earth can you be looking at, Cecilia?" Lisa asked glaring at me.
"L-Lucas!" I called out to him. Thankfully he wasn't that far from Shawn, giving me a perfect out.

Hearing me I see Lucas and Shawn looking up from where they were. Lucas smiled and waved at me while Shawn just looked disappointed.
"Oh..." Lisa seemed relieved, "maybe you should go be with him. I'm missing my poor baby, Dan." She pouted referring to her own boyfriend. I immediately disengaged from Lisa and practically ran to Lucas.

"Hey, baby." He says opening his arms for me. I run into them and then look behind me seeing Lisa looking around for Dan.
"You didn't want to hang out with your friends for a bit?" He asked while he hugged me.
"Oh gosh, Lisa's been smothering me. Besides she's looking for Dan." I complained resting my head on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry my love." He sympathized with me.
"I just need some time for myself at some point." I sighed. Lucas just stayed quiet for a few seconds.
"Oh, babe, I have an idea," Lucas says letting go of me and telling me to enjoy a minute for myself. After he did He called Lisa over. She walks to us looking confused, me as well.

"Hey, Cecilia tells me you're looking for Dan. I'll take you to him real quick if you want." Lucas offers. Lisa seems excited until she see's me standing there with her hands behind my back.

"Cecilia. Come with us." She commanded.
"Oh, no. I need her here when the lines start to form, she's gonna hold us a spot. Besides, it won't take long, like 10 minutes." He excused me. It took Lisa a minute but she finally decided to give in.
"Cecilia I hope you remembered our little talks we have." She warns me. I just smile and nod.

I watched as Lucas and Lisa walk out, Maria following close behind. As soon as they leave I make a quick b-line to Shawn. With no warning or words, I run up to Shawn and grab his hand. He jumps and almost pulled his hand away until he noticed it was me.

"C-" He tried to speak but I put my index finger on my lips signaling him to stay quiet before pulling him away from his corner.

Much like before I run down the empty halls with him. His hand was in mine and I giggled as we ran. The thrill of sneaking around was so amusing to me, my heart racing, feeling of being caught any second by Lucas, Lisa, Maria, or even our other friends excited me. I ran with Shawn to an empty classroom and shut the door behind us, not letting go of his hand once.

"Cecilia, what's happening?" He asks chuckling from how silly I must have been acting.
"Shawn I don't really have a lot of time but there's something I deeply need to tell you," I explain grabbing his other hand. "I need you to know that since that day you sung to me... I liked you!" I confessed. His eyes practically shot out his head from shock.
"You're so incredibly cute and when we walked home... you've said such incredibly flattering and sweet things to me and the stories we exchanged, you seem so selfless and humble." I swooned squeezing his hands a little.
"Ce-Cecilia... you realize this is... me?" He says taking back one of his hands and gesturing towards himself. I giggle and nod.
"Shawn if I wasn't sure would I do this?" I asked and quickly swooped in catching his lips on mine closing my eyes in the process. It wasn't much but a short minute that I kissed him but when I pulled back I could see the happiness on his face.

"Y-You... Wow!" He exclaimed excitedly.
"You can't tell anyone though. I still with Lucas but think of this as a graduation present or payment for letting me hear you sing like you wanted." I explained. He just nodded with his cute smile still plastered on his face.

"Shawn, I'm sorry for doing this last minute and I'm sorry for this pain I've put you through with Lisa, Lucas and his friends. But just know I never had a vendetta against you." I reassured him.
"Cecilia for you... for that kiss... I'd do it all over again." He sighed.
"This is probably the last we'll see of each other but it was really great getting to know you for the short amount of time that I did," I said
"I am too." He smiled.

___

End of High School.