Chapter 14

The next day as planned Maria walked with me to the music room. Just from outside the room and looking in through the window on the door I saw Shawn sitting in a chair messing with a guitar. I took a deep breath before opening the door. Shawn stopped what he was doing and looked up at us as we walked in and approached him.

"Hey, I brought my friend, Maria. Do you mind if she stays?" I asked. He looked up at me and then at her but then back at me.
"She's your friend?" He asked.
"Yes."
"Then yeah, I do. Get her out." He said in a snarky voice before looking back down at his guitar going back to playing with it.

Maria looked mad and raised her fist going for Shawn. I immediately grabbed her by her wrist and started walking her out the door.

"I love you Bean, I'll text you when we're done!" I said before shutting the door on her. She just looked through the glass and flipped off Shawn but he didn't even notice. I smiled at her and blew kisses to her before turning around facing Shawn again.

"I hope your friend knows I can easily kick her ass," Shawn spoke.
"Don't be a jerk and no one would have to kick anyone's ass," I commented. He just shook his head focusing on the sound of the guitar.
"Well, we should start this project. We only have a month." I said pulling up a chair and sitting a few feet across from him.

"Right, right, the project, which, last night I've already written something I'd like to perform." He said putting the strap to his guitar over himself. I close my eyes mustering up all my patience and took a deep breath.

"If you'd be so kind I would like to hear it." I sighed. Annoyed he's taking the project into his own hands as opposed to working with me like instructed.

"Great! This is actually... hahaha it's a little embarrassing but I wrote this thinking about you when I wrote it." He gushed as he strummed once on his guitar. I opened my eyes and raised a brow, looking at him curiously. He clears his throat and starts.

"Who crowned you queen of
You think you're too cool
Making beautiful look ugly
The way you put yourself above me," he sang, bopping his head to his own beat. My curious expression changed as I glared at him from my seat and crossed my arms. But he just smiled as he strummed his guitar and kept singing to me.

"You treat me like I got nothing on you
Making beautiful look ugly
You ain't the ruler of my country
Who made you the queen?" He stood up quickly throwing his chair down behind him. He sang more intensely as he started stepping closer.

"I shouldn't stress about the fact you're not impressed
Are you playing hard to get?
Or maybe you're not interested?" He leaned over getting in my face raising one brow quizzically. I rolled my eyes and looked away from him.

"I don't understand why everybody thinks you're sweet
'Cause I see the opposite
No, you're not so innocent" He sang so raspily while smiling. Mocking me. I pushed at his shoulder getting him away from me a little. I stood up and was ready to walk out when he stopped me by jumping in front of me.

"No no no no no
Who made you the queen?" He finished. And stopped strumming. He was breathing heavily with a stupid smile on his face then moved his guitar behind him having it hang off his back.

"Wow!" He cheered. I kept my arms crossed looking away from him.
"That was kind of therapeutic, to be honest. I feel like my broken heart was fixed! But... wait..." he furrowed his brow looking confused and put a hand on his chest. Not moving my head but instead with a scowl still on my face I moved my eyes to look at him.

"No... no, my heart still feels broken. Here!" He reached forward and grabbed one of my wrists. He then yanked my arm and put my hand flat on his chest. It was warm and I felt his heart beating fast. I stayed quiet and tried to pull my hand away but he held it there firmly.

"Let go of me," I said looking up at him.
"You must be so honored having a song all about you." He chuckled with the same stupid smile on his face. I just looked at him confused. He may have been a complete ass but his smile was so radiant and beautiful, his teeth were perfect, his lips were full and pink, and his jawline... you could cut glass with his jawline... Blinded by my own anger and hatred for him I never noticed how beautiful he was until now.

Not thinking I raised my free hand slowly and rested it on his cheek. His skin was soft and smooth. I gently rubbed the pad of my thumb up and down on his cheek. I watched as Shawns open mouth smile dropped to an innocent closed mouth smile. Still lost in the moment I watched Shawn's face drop once more to a frown.

"Why do you hate me?" He breathed out. I furrowed my brow and looked at him confused until I realized what was happening. I quickly snapped my hands to my own chest. Shocked by my own actions.

"I-I'm sorry I was... I..." I tried explaining myself but couldn't. Shawn's saddened expression changed to angry, his gaze got cold as he stared at me. We were both caught in a moment not even realizing who the person was standing in front of us. I shook my head and looked away from him very embarrassed.

"L-Let's try to start something together," I said walking back to my seat.
"Whatever." He huffed walking back to his and moving his guitar before sitting down.

After an hour or so we decided to do a duet where we'd take turns singing our own lines, but not actually starting lyrics or a rhythm. A majority of the time spent was Shawn giving me dirty looks or talking about how much of a bitch I was. In a weird way, I think he tortures me so much because he likes me. Or loves me as he puts it but how could you be a complete monster to someone you love?