Chapter 9

I didn't say anything as I watched Shawn sitting in the chair next to me. I looked around and there seemed to have been students sitting together but not really acknowledging one another. I can only assume we're in alphabetical order and since mine and Shawn's last names start with M, of course, we'd be sitting together.

I sighed and pulled out my phone. I slid my finger across the screen unlocking it. On the home screen, I see a small 1 next to my message icon. I tap on it and see an unread text from Lucas. I tap on his name and his message pops up.

'Call me as soon as your class is over. I'm pissed.'

I swallowed hard and looked at the time. It was 12:44 pm and class started at 12:50. I don't think Lucas would be able to take out his anger in 6 minutes so I just put my phone away and prepared for class. From the corner of my eye, I noticed Shawn just staring at me. He looked as if he was hypnotized by my face or something. I quickly look over at him but almost as quick as me he looks away, pretending like nothing happened. What was he up to?

After class, I quickly packed up my things and pulled out my phone. Just as I was about to head out Shawn stepped in front of me crossing his arms.

"Why didn't you report me?" He asked. So that's why he was looking at me earlier... but I really had no time to get into it with him.
"I don't know, please I have to go," I told him as I walked past him to head out of the room.

As I walked I immediately unlocked my phone and called Lucas. It took only 2 rings before I heard him on the other line.

"Cecilia?" He asked. I swallowed hard as I looked around. I saw a vacant classroom and walked over to it.
"Yeah. Hi." I answered him as I pulled open the door and stepped inside.
"Good. Now, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS I HEAR FROM LISA ABOUT YOU KISSING THAT LITTLE NO DICK BITCH MENDES?!" He screamed.
"Lucas it's honestly not what you think!" I said calmly.
"Not what I fucking think?! You know what I think you, stupid whore?! I think you not only cheated on me with him back in high school but again in fucking college!"
"I-I know Lucas it looks bad but I didn't want to, he forced me-" I was trying to explain to Lucas when I felt my phone snatched from my hand. I quickly turn around to see Shawn putting the phone against his ear with an evil smile on his face. I didn't even hear him walk in, probably because Lucas was yelling at me.

"Lucas!" Shawn says as if he was talking to an old friend.
"Rember me, man? Shawn Mendes?" He asked. I could hear Lucas on the other end of the line screaming.
"No! Please, Shawn, please you don't under-" He cut me off by putting his hand over my mouth.
"Oh, ouch that stings Lucas. I thought we were such good pals." Shawn sarcastically said. I moved his hand from my mouth and tried grabbing my phone. He seemed annoyed and wrapped his arm around me pulling me into his body. It looked like a hug but he was only holding me, prisoner against his chest. I immediately struggled to pull away but he was too strong for me.

"Hey, listen, man... yeah, yeah come to try to kick my ass when you get here but listen, I just wanna thank you for so kindly sharing your girlfriend. I would say it was fun having my first kiss with her the other day but we both know that it wasn't our first." Shawn chuckled. I continued to desperately try to pull myself off of him.

"Shawn please!" I begged.
"Oh man, she just doesn't light up, she'll call you back when we're done." He finished and hung up.
"Man such a chatty Cathy." He sighed as he held down the power button on my phone turning it off. He then let me go and gave me back my phone.
"No, no, no, no, no," I said desperately holding the power button to turn my phone back on, "what did you do?!" I cried out. My eyes starting to water.
"Oh, did you not want him to know you kissed me?" He asked sticking his hands in his pockets.
"Shawn no, you... you just." I tried explaining but I couldn't
"Hmm?" He hummed at me. I just shook my head and pushed past him once I saw my phone turn on and take me to the homepage. I quickly hit the call button and looked for Lucas in my recent calls.

I sat on my bed criss-crossed as I sniffled. What am I going to do when Lucas comes? Should I just hide in Maria's room? No Lisa will tell him where I am. Maybe I should just rent a hotel room outside of the campus for awhile...

As I sat there thinking over my options and crying I heard the door click open. I quickly wiped away my tears and laid down on my side facing the wall with my eyes closed, pretending to be asleep.

"All I'm asking is what's wrong with a little eyeliner?" I head Lisa's voice talking to someone.
"Oh," she said, sounding disgusted, "let's pour boiling water on her." She suggested knowing she was talking about me.
"Oh fuck off Lisa." I heard a familiar deep voice chime in.
"Shawn tell me again why the fuck you still even care about her?" Lisa asked annoyed. It was then silent until I heard heavy footsteps coming my way. I just stayed still waiting for the worse. I then felt a rustling at my feet until I was immediately covered with my blanket. Then a warm hand brushed my hair out of my face.

"Seriously Shawn?" Lisa said and I can only imagine her putting her hands on her hips.
"You know Lisa the difference between you and Cecilia is that even though Cecilia tried to dick me over back in high school I love her... not you," Shawn said and I heard his footsteps walk away from me.
"Oh my God. You're such a fucking asshole!" She raised her voice. I shifted a little pretending like she was disturbing my sleep.
"If I'm so much of an asshole why don't you break up with me then?" Shawn pushed her buttons. But it was just quiet.
"God Shawn I hate you so much," she sighed, "thanks or whatever for walking me home, babe." She said and then I heard a light smacking noise. I felt a slight pain in my chest. Why?
"And I'm serious, if you fuck with her, I'll know it's you. Don't touch her, she's my toy, not yours." I heard Shawn say.

Ugh. Pig.

"Yeah, yeah I know." Lisa brushed him off. After all the shit he's done how can she still be with him? Maybe... he treats her like Lucas treats me?