Chapter 31 (Shawn)

"I love you, Bean." Was all Cecilia said before hanging up.
"Fuck!" I yelled tossing my phone on my bed as I slipped on my denim jacket and only buttoned up 1 button before slipping on my blue jeans. Not caring that a majority of my chest was exposed, I didn't really have time to put on an actual shirt. I slipped on a pair of my boots and grabbed my keys before running out of the apartment.

I ran as fast as I could all the way back to the campus and to the girl's dorm. I ran up to the elevator and clicked the button. When I looked up at the screen displaying the floor number, it was barely on the 5th floor not really moving. It finally moved down to the 4th floor but stopped there, someone was getting on or off it.

"Fu-uck!" I groaned looking over to the staircase. "Please be ok Cecilia." I sighed before running for the door to the stairs. I immediately started running up the stairs, trying to skip up 2 at a time. It felt like it was taking up more of my energy but I had to power through.

I finally made it up to the 5th floor, ready to fall over and die but I had to shake it off. I jogged up to Cecilia and Lisa's dorm room and stopped at the door trying to turn the knob but it was locked.

"Cecilia!" I yelled banging on the door.
"Sh-Shawn you-" I heard Cecilia's distressed voice get cut off followed by a loud smacking noise. I step back and shake my head, prepping myself, I lift my foot and kick hard against the door right above the doorknob. The door pops open and I storm in to see Cecilia clutching her cheek looking away from Lucas. I breathed heavily, and my outburst seemed to have caught Lucas's attention as he turned around looking at me shocked.

"The fuck are you?!" He yelled at me. Ignoring him I look over at Cecilia, she looked back at me, tears covered her face and she looked at me with pleading eyes. It made me more furious.
"Did you just HIT her?" I asked lowly as I slowly took a step towards him.
"This is none of your damn fucking business, get the fuck out!" He barked at me. Fueled by rage I stepped up to him and immediately grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him close to me.
"Fuck off, man!" He said pushing my chest, trying to get me away.
"What's this Lucas? You lost your favorite little punching bag after high school and so you resorted to hitting poor defenseless Cecilia?" I growled at him.
"How do you..." he was legitimately confused for a second until he got a good look at me, "Mendes?!" He seems shocked as if he's seen a ghost.
"What? Didn't think skinny little Shawn could be much bigger than you, aye?" I smirked at him.
"Y-You're not shit!" He stumbled on his words. I just scoffed and shook my head.

Done playing games, I quickly raised my fist and hit him directly in the center of his face. He grunted but retaliated by raising his own fist and punching me in the stomach. I let go of him and took a step back raising my fists in front of my face ready to fight. Lucas just shook off my punch and took a fighting stance as well.

I glanced over at Cecilia, she had moved to the bed and sat there hugging her knee's as she watched us in horror. When I looked back to Lucas he had rushed forward towards me. He raised his fist swinging at my face but I quickly moved out of the way, dodging his punch. He came back around trying to hit me again but I dodged that hit too.

He lost his balance for a short moment and I took that opportunity to grab him by the shoulder, holding him in place as I raised my own fist and punched him across the face as hard as I could. As I did I released my grip on him and let him fall to the floor from my hit. He landed on his side and I quickly turned him over on his back and straddled his stomach refusing him the chance to get up.

I raised my fist again bringing it down on his face over and over again. He tried swinging at me but I moved out of the way when he did. The only thing on my mind was beating Lucas to a pulp. He hurt Cecilia, he hurt me, he used us for so long.

"Shawn!" I heard Cecilia's voice break me out of my thoughts. I stopped hitting Lucas and just looked down as I was breathing heavily, giving it my all when I punched him I felt tired but the adrenaline running through me wanted me to continue.

"Shawn, please..." She begged in a weak voice. I looked over at her and she looked terrified. Her left cheek was red and her right eye looked like it was getting swollen. My heart sank. I looked back down at Lucas.

"Tell him it's over Cecilia..." I said glaring at Lucas who was still under me. He was still conscious, I made sure of it. His face was covered in his own blood and his lip, cheek, and eye started swelling.

"W-What?" She asked.
"Tell Lucas you're breaking up with him," I commanded looking over at her again.
"O-Ok." She weakly said and looked down at Lucas. "I-I'm breaking up w-with you, Lucas." She said. Lucas just groaned. I stood up and reached down grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him to his feet. He was shaken as he looked up at me.

"You're done with her, got it?" I asked as I started making him walk backwards to the door, still holding him by his shirt. "If I hear that you came back for her I will kill you," I growled at him before pushing him out into the hall. He stumbled out but just started walking towards the elevator, no protest or anything else to say. I just closed the door and it clicked shut, thankfully I didn't actually break it.

After, I looked over at Cecilia who was crying as she still held knees. Quietly I walked up to her, she watched me but didn't look as scared anymore.

"Cecilia... I'm sorry." I apologized for what she just had to go through. She quickly jumped off the bed and grabbed me tightly, sobbing onto my bare chest. I just wrapped my arms around her firmly and held her, petting her hair as I kissed the top of her head.