Chapter 26

"Careful." Shawn laughs.
"Sha---awn where are you leading me?!" I asked. His hands covered my eyes as he stood behind me leading the way.
"Hey, you're not afraid of heights right?" He asked.
"Shawn..." I whined.
"Look." Was all he said before finally stopping and removing his hands. I opened my eyes to see a beautiful scenery of the ocean in front of us. I gasped at the sight and looked down, noticing we were right on a cliff. Below I could see the waves crashing against the cliffs side.

"Oh my God..." I sighed looking back out to the ocean. Shawn walked up next to me, his hands in his pockets.
"I usually like coming out here and looking at the scenery for inspiration when I get stuck." He explains with a shrug.
"This is so beautiful." I smiled up at him. He smiled back before licking his lips and looking down at his feet. He slightly stepped closer, closing the gap between us and I felt his hand grab mine. He then slid his fingers in between mine, interlocking them. I know I shouldn't let it happen but I did. I couldn't help it. Shawn and I have been through a lot together now but I think I'm really starting to like him... more than I should.

"Cecilia," Shawn started, "I just want you to know that... I like you... a lot." He confessed shyly. I just smiled at him, swearing he could read minds.
"I like you too," I said in a soft tone.

"Like, y'know more than a friend?" He asked a little nervous, his cheeks flushed red. I just giggled and opened my mouth ready to answer him when-

*bzz* *bzz* *bzz*

I jumped and immediately snatched my phone out of my back pocket. I read the name across the screen and it was Lucas. I quickly let go of Shawns hand and answered the phone.

"Lucas?" I question, putting the phone up to my ear.
"What are you doing?" He asks, sounding annoyed.
"I-I'm at the beach for a class trip." I lied looking up at Shawn. He furrowed his brows confused.
"The beach? What class makes you go to the beach? Are you lying to me?" He started to raise his voice.
"No! No baby, no I just have like a hippy English teacher, he brought us out here for inspiration or something." I scoffed.
"That's fucking lame." He went back to his regular tone, thankfully not getting mad.
"Cecilia what are-" Shawn started but I immediately put my hand over his mouth and looked at him pleadingly.

"Who the fuck was that?! Was that Mendes?!" Lucas raised his voice again.
"N-No! Of course not you told me not to talk to him anymore remember why would I when you... uh... you told me not to." I started getting nervous.
"Bullshit! That sounded like that twig shit!"
"He-He's in my class babe I can't-"
"So you're lying to me again?!"
"I-I know how much you don't like him, babe."
"No fucking shit! Drop the damn class!"
"W-What?" I asked scared but in slight disbelief of what he was saying.
"Drop the fucking class!"
"I-I can't just drop the class, Lucas..." I removed my hand from Shawn's mouth trying to explain how it wasn't that simple to just withdraw from my classes on a fully paid scholarship. I was ready to turn my back on Shawn but he grabbed my arm and made me face him, with his brows furrowed expressing pain from my words.

"You can't?! Who the fuck do you think-" Lucas was in the middle of yelling at me when Shawn grabbed my phone from my hands and held it up to his ear. I could barely hear Lucas' voice on the other end still yelling.

"Shawn please," I whispered, my eyes starting to water as I looked up at him.
"Hey Lucas," Shawn started, I just shook my head my eyes closed tight, "Cecilia's done with you. Don't ever call, text, or speak to her again, and if you wanna do something about it, you come to me." Shawn said in a stern voice. I just looked up at him shocked. He looked at the phone and hung it up. He then looked at me sternly.

"Cecilia... why are you so afraid of Lucas?" He asked.
"Shawn you don't-"
"I think I do understand Cecilia." He cut me off still speaking firmly to me.
"Shawn..."
"He... he abuses you doesn't he?" He asks. I felt the tears starting to run down my face basically answering for me. I couldn't say anything to him.

I just reached for my phone but Shawn pulled it away from me, holding it high and grabbed my wrist with his free hand. I flinched and closed my eyes expecting to get hit. Realizing he made a point I felt like all the blood has fled my body as I opened my eyes and looked up at him, seeing his expression which displayed nothing but sympathy. He now knows and must think I'm weak too. Lisa blatantly says it to my face and as much as Maria loves me she knows I'm weak, that's why she's so protective. Now the one person I wanted tho most to believe in me thinks I'm weak too.

"Why does hurt you?" He asked in a hushed tone. I felt embarrassed and pulled my hand out of his grip. He tried grabbing me again but I didn't let him. Instead, I backed away from him. I quickly turned and started running.

"Cecilia!" Shawn called out to me before I heard his footsteps following close behind. Not wanting to be confronted I ran as fast as I could, fully determined to get as far away from Shawn as possible. I had nowhere to go. I can't go to my own room, I can't go to Maria, I can't even go to Shawn now. How will I get back to campus when Shawn drove us out here? I guess it doesn't matter, I just need to get away from everyone.