Chapter 10

The next day Maria and I were sitting in the office waiting. I had made an appointment to see the head of dorm assignments to try and switch my dorm room just like Maria promised we'd do. If it can get me away from Lisa then I'd be ecstatic!

We waited until the student secretary called me up and said Mrs. Lux is ready for me now. I stood up leaving my things with Maria as I walked into the office. Inside was a woman in casual attire. She seemed kind of young but was probably in her 40's. I sat in the chair in front of her desk giving her a kind and warming smile.

"Well hello, Miss Cecilia what can I do for you?" She asked in a polite and cheerful mood.
"I was just wondering if there would be any way I can switch my dorm room?" I asked in a soft voice.
"Oh? Why would you like to do that, honey?" She said sweetly.
"Well, my roommate and I don't exactly get along. I fear of something happening to me or my belonging in the room." I explained.
"Oh, my. Did she threaten you? Have you talked to anyone else about this?" She seemed taken back.
"Well yes, she did. It's just we're having drama because of her boyfriend and honestly, I don't even want to see him around my room either."
"Well..." She started typing on her computer.
"I'll see what I can do for you and I want you to schedule an appointment with me next week to check back on what's going to happen but for now I'm going to need you to stick it out as much as you can ok?" She asked.
"Yes, ma'am. Thank you" I complied. At least it wasn't a no.
"Of course, and if I were you I'd try to report that threat to one of our counselors, maybe they can help resolve the situation." She instructed.
"Ok, thank you for your time," I confirmed as I stood up. She smiled at me sweetly and I turned around walking for the door. I pulled it open and was met with Maria texting on her phone in the waiting room.

"Hey," I called to her. She quickly put her phone down and looked up at me. She grabbed my purse and hers and stood up.
"So?" She asked handing me my things when I walked up to her.
"Well, she said she'll see what she can do and to stick it out for now but she does want me to make another appointment for next week," I explained as we started walking out of the office.
"Great! So maybe she can find you a new roommate."
"Yeah but she also want's me to go to the councilors and report the incidents," I added.
"And you should! Get them kicked out even better!"
"I mean I doubt they'd be kicked out."
"Uh with Shawn sexually harassing you and Lisa threatening you? I think they'd still be in a hell of a lot of trouble." Maria exclaimed.
"Sure but... I don't want the conflict. I can't piss off Shawn or Lisa because something WILL happen to me."
"Cecilia, come on you can't just let them-"
"Maria, please... Something will happen to me and I really don't want it to." I cut her off. Not trying to be mean but I didn't want to fight over it.
"Cece I understand what you've been going through with Lucas-"
"You don't, Maria!" I raised my voice as I stopped walking with her. Catching the attention of people passing by us.
"Y-You don't know because you've lived your nice little happy life." I started tearing up.
"Cece..." Maria reached for me but I just backed away from her touch. I quickly ran past her just wanting to go to my room or really anywhere and cry.

Back in my room alone, I sat on my bed once again in the corner sniffling as I hugged my knee's. I snapped at Maria, Lucas is coming to visit on Sunday, and I have to wait a whole week before my stupid drama is settled.

As I was sitting there crying I heard the door click open. Not caring who walked in at this point I just stayed in my corner crying. Then the door opened to reveal Shawn with Lisa's keys. He just watched me as he walked in. I turned my face away from him and looked at the wall.

"Please Mendes just leave, whatever business you have with Lisa just... please take it to your room," I begged him in a weak voice.
"Calm down you baby I just came over to grab Lisa's things." He scoffed at me. Not concerned about me in the slightest. Not that I really cared.
"Even if I did ask you what was wrong I could care less." He smirked as he shuffled through Lisa's things.
"You're a jerk." I huffed.
"Oh, I'm the jerk? You telling me to fuck off just because your sad makes me the jerk?" He started to raise his voice.
"I didn't say-"
"You didn't say it like that but you basically mean to." He cut me off.
"Please!" I cried out. "Just leave me alone ok? I'm sorry for whatever you believe I did to you but I just want to be alone!"
"Whatever." He said annoyed, slamming the drawer shut and turning around heading for the door.
"Whatever issues you have, crying about it isn't going to do shit." He advised before opening the door. I just glared at him. I was in no mood to take any shit from Shawn.
"You don't have any idea what the fuck I'm going through!" I yelled at him, making him stop in his tracks.
"I don't but like I said fucking bitching about it isn't going to help you." He said turning around to face me. I just crawled off my bed and stood tall. Not taller than him obviously but to make a point I wasn't afraid.
"Y'know, I'm sick of your bullshit! I'm tired of this stupid fucking game you play!" I started attacking him out of anger.
"Then why didn't you report me huh? Why didn't you go running to security well aware that it would have stopped me?" He questioned crossing his arms.
"Because I was afraid of what would happen to me!" I blurted out.
"What would have happened?" Shawn looked dumbfounded. I just stayed silent and sat on my bed. I've said too much.

"Leave," I commanded.
"No, I wanna know-"
"I said get out! I don't want to see your stupid fucking face around me again!" I yelled. He just stayed silent for a moment as he glared at me.
"Yeah, same to you." He scoffed before turning around and heading for the door. This time actually leaving.